New Pre-Amp/Amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphamalex

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a pair of Prefaces that I have been running with a little bitty Pioneer SA-950 (70wpc? min impedance 6ohm) and dreaming of something big :p The sound quality is really nice for a 25+ year old amp; even the wife likes it :music: I have not taken the volume above 65% because I am afraid it'll hurt something.

I am negotiating the purchase of a Denon DAP-2500A pre-amp and a Denon POA-2400A amp (350 watts @4 ohms) from a neighbor.

Will these component be a good fit for the Prefaces. Can I 'blow' the speaker by using something rated at 350 watts @4 ohms? What can I expect in terms of quality; anyone else here have the same setup?

:rocker:

If it's from a neighbour, connect it up and have a listen! Questions answered!

To answer your other question - no, you won't blow anything up no matter what your amp is rated.

Whether your amp is powerful or not - only common sense will prevent something from blowing up. In fact - it's easier to blow something up with a smaller amp because you're more likely to drive it into distortion.

Back