Advice needed...per Wife and new baby !!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THETRACK

Reaction score
I have had a system utiziling 1992 and 93' SL3s and Aerius for almost 17 years now in an apartment that is somewhat small. I am using Krell components to run the system along with a Fujitsu 55 inch monitor. Here are my questions in an attempt to make space:

1) I would like to sell the speakers and look at some "in-ceiling" or "in-wall" systems. Any suggestions on some good speakers ( Martin-Logan perhaps?? ) that are not crazy on price but still will give that excellent quality.

2) Are the SL3s and Aerius worth any $$$ these days and does anyone have any good numbers that are fair for listing them??

3) Are there "center-channels" that also can be wall mounted in addition??

Any assistance would be appreciated:

Thanks and have a great day.

THE TRACK

Hello,
Your Aerius and SL3's definitely are sellable. Having the original Boxes would help tremendously. If you have the Boxes and they are in good condition, you might be able to recoup close to 2 grand for the both. Especially if your Aerius are the newer "i" Model. If so, make sure to make the differentiation.

Audiogon is probably the best place to list your Logans. Given where you live, I would also do a Craigslist Ad as well.

Martin Logan do make Center Channels that can be Wall Mounted. I will say that In Walls and Wall Mounted CC's will end up being a definite loss of performance. If it was me, I would add either the Cinema or Theater Center Channel from the era of your other Speakers and have a great sounding HT.
Cheers,
JJ

Congratulations!(?)

Are you allowed to install in-wall speakers in your apartment? Even so, that's going to be a far cry from ESLs.

Perhaps you can lend the SL3's to a friend and push the Aeriuses against the back wall to see if that frees up enough space.

Back