martin logan panel removal

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madkebab

Reaction score
Hi does any one know how to remove the panels form aruis i model i have just orderd conductive souliton from i guy called rob in oz really nice guy, any way one of my panels is warmer and slighty lower in volume than my other speaker i want to remove the panels and hopefully renew the conductive coating all help would be great
kind regards
john

madkebab - be sure to vote in my panel lifetime thread.

Basically, having removed Aerius panels a good few times, it is pretty easy. Just get a wooden mallet or the like, and tap on the top of the side trim. I used to put a cloth on top of the side trim to prevent any damage. Once the side trims are off, it's all pretty obvious.

Post back to let members know how this solution works. If it is good, then more contact details for Rob would be cool, I'm sure.

hi thanks for that i will no problem this were i bought it from i am in turkey and i will be back in england on monday so when i get round to coating them i will post all about it cheers
john :rocker:

madkebab - be sure to vote in my panel lifetime thread.

Basically, having removed Aerius panels a good few times, it is pretty easy. Just get a wooden mallet or the like, and tap on the top of the side trim. I used to put a cloth on top of the side trim to prevent any damage. Once the side trims are off, it's all pretty obvious.

Post back to let members know how this solution works. If it is good, then more contact details for Rob would be cool, I'm sure.
do the panels com off side ways

Lay the speaker on its back, panel facing up when you do the tapping. The panels will just lift of when the trim is removed. Careful as the panel is wired into the x-over - so don't pull on the leads. The lead can be undone via the chocolate/terminal block they are connected into.

Also, there's a seperate pseudo panel that covers the bass unit, if I remember correctly.

hi thanks for that i will no problem this were i bought it from i am in turkey and i will be back in england on monday so when i get round to coating them i will post all about it cheers
john :rocker:

yeah please keep us posted on how all this goes hope all went well in turkey and your trip back to england goes well anyway take care with all this will be interesting to follow your progress

Latest posts

Back