How Long Have Your ML Panels Actually Lasted?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Long Did Your ML ESL Panels Last?

• 1-2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • 15-16 years

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • 17-18 years

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • 19 years +

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters
Post edited to say nothing due to self moderation by a non-moderator.

Last edited:
Post edited to say nothing due to self moderation by a non-moderator.

I say GO FOR IT!! The sister thread that is. 1400+ views and 15 responses on a failure. The optimist would say 1% chance of a failure in 20 years!! I'm just yanking your chain!! :). But yes to complete this very scientific survey you must - in the name if science man!!!

Do it mate. And throw another shrimp on the barbie.:ROFL:

Seriously, it would give this thread some teeth and it might actually help you make your point....whatever it was.

Bing:afro:

Don't blame you man. You are right about people nitpicking on surveys, and I regret letting myself get caught up in it. Although my idiotic rant was meant more to be some comic relief than anything, I realize others may have taken it differently.

I used to do consumer surveys to make my living. That's a business where everyone is a critic.

I appreciate the attempt Justin, just my backassward way of trying to lighten it up a little. The thread is still a good read.

Respect

:afro:

BadaBing! That's a groovy afro you have yourself there, man.

Maybe there's an element of "the truth hurts" in this thread that caused a bit of a kerfuffle. Maybe not. I dunno.

If anyone does want to raise the "sister thread", go ahead, I have no objection. Might even be interesting - though massively flawed, of course:)

For sure man, it hit close to home.

I agree and generally concur with anything "MASSIVE"

Glad you like the do

:afro:

Well, I'm not going to, so there.:p

Signed Justin, aged 3 1/2.

Justin - are you still upset over the incredible goal the US scored on England in the World Cup???? If I recall - didn't our guy use the bicycle kick on that one??? :D

It was those damn slippy, good for nothing American made gloves that only last 3 months that caused it. Rumour has it they're made of mylar with some dodgy coating that wears out really quickly!:)

Be careful, lads, I can bite too!:devil:

It was those damn slippy, good for nothing American made gloves that only last 3 months that caused it. Rumour has it they're made of mylar with some dodgy coating that wears out really quickly!:)

Be careful, lads, I can bite too!:devil:

:ROFL: good one... I think I'll just let it lie......

Guess I'm late to the party but my CLS 1's are now 21 years old (22 in a couple of months) and still sound clean and even (no buzzing, rattling or diminished sound levels from either panel; at least in comparison to each other). I do admit I have a number of sets of speakers so do not play them daily.

Simply resurrecting this thread to gather more data in the light of a recent thread. More votes appreciated.

My ReQueat panels will be 13 yrs old in February, still going strong. One of my biggest observations is that they have become very dark sounding. Definately night and day from the first time that I plugged them in in 1998. I am pretty anxious to replace the panels, woofers, and crossover, as I have no plans on getting rid of them anytime soon.

Dan

mine have lasted untold lifetimes... as I can't recall how many fish, frogs, felines, and various other furry friends have found their way into the light since the day I first brought home my reQuests (being the oldest panels of the present population in residence)... more to the point, 14 yrs and still going strong since their date of manufacture.

Back