Figuring out an asking price

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy7

Reaction score
Hi all. I have some Monolith III speakers I'll probably be selling soon. I have trouble figuring out what to price them at though. I saw in the product time line area a ~$3500 used price, but I don't know how often that is updated or how accurate it might be, esp. in this economy. Also, the crossovers when new I think were $1500 (I don't have the more expensive crossovers, I'm virtually certain). I typically see slightly smaller speakers on audiogon for similar prices, but of course those are newer and the IIIs haven't even been produced since 2001.

If ~$3500 is a reasonable price to ask for these speakers, would I ask another ~$500 for the crossovers, or are the price guidelines in the Timeline thread normally including them with the speakers already?

Thanks for any advice!

I got my Monolith III with passive crossovers on e-bay for $2,500.00. It cost me another $300.00 to get them to my house. Please note this was 2 years ago. The Monolith speakers are rare but to re-panel them will cost $1,500.00 or more (lets face it these speakers are getting old). I think I saw a pair sell without any crossover for $1,500.00 not too long ago on Audiogn. I hope this helps.

Ahh okay, they have sure lost a lot of value. :) I thought about getting new panels once about 4-6 years ago, ML told it'd be around $800 for replacement panels, not including shipping.

So maybe $2K-$3K as a reasonable ballpark with passive crossovers included. Maybe throw in my Sunfire amp for another $1K.

(I paid about $6K-$7K for the speakers in 2000 or so.)

Thanks!

It will need to be someone in the market. You see them once in a while on Agon and they don't last long. You can try $3k but they will need to be in perfect condition and you will need to be ready for a good number of questions about the panels and electronics.

Last edited:
Ahh okay, they have sure lost a lot of value. :) I thought about getting new panels once about 4-6 years ago, ML told it'd be around $800 for replacement panels, not including shipping.

So maybe $2K-$3K as a reasonable ballpark with passive crossovers included. Maybe throw in my Sunfire amp for another $1K.

(I paid about $6K-$7K for the speakers in 2000 or so.)

Thanks!

That sounds reasonable for a well-cared for set.

Keep in mind the buyer (and you) will have all the fun and cost associated with shipping these beasts.

Good luck with sale.

Current cost for replacement panels is $1400 + shipping (about $90). They are running 4-6 weeks to provide them.

Just FYI.

You might be surprised.

Perhaps list is at a "local buyer only" sale first and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back