Dismount trails?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMan72

Reaction score
Hello forum!

I'm new on this forum, tried the search function without success. My question is how to dismount the side trails on my Aerius speakers? I want to vaccum the sub chassis from dust.

Thanks for your answers!

Greetings,
Andi

Hello forum!

I'm new on this forum, tried the search function without success. My question is how to dismount the side trails on my Aerius speakers? I want to vaccum the sub chassis from dust.

Thanks for your answers!

Greetings,
Andi

If you searched for "side rails" you may have had more success.

Give it a try, but basically I think you need to gently knock them from the bottom up with a rubber mullet or something similar. They should knock up about 2-3cm and then lift off.

Welcome, by the way!

If you searched for "side rails" you may have had more success.

Oops, my fault. Sorry!

Give it a try, but basically I think you need to gently knock them from the bottom up with a rubber mullet or something similar. They should knock up about 2-3cm and then lift off.

Thanks for the hint. I'll try it this evening!

Welcome, by the way!

Thank you, my introduction will follow... :cool:

Greetings,
Andi

Welcome, by the way!
I always thought that a mullet was something you ate, i.e. a fish :)

Bernard, I thought this also, too! Is a mullet something like a hammer? Or does he mean mallet? I don't know...

Greetings,
Andi
Andi, he does mean mallet.

BTW the rails on my SL3 have to be knocked down rather than up, so you may want to try that if up does not work. They do come off very easily.

Andi, he does mean mallet.

Haha.....sorry - my fault. Yes - I mean hammer. Don't beat them with a fish.

I guess I shouldn't post after drinking wine. In fact, I think last night's effort was "while drinking wine".

Last edited:
I thought a mullet was a hair-do? FWIW, I make a mullet look good.

I guess I shouldn't post after drinking wine.

No problem! I used to ask the dictionary, but in this case I was really wondering about a fish to dismount the rails :ROFL:

Maybe I should open I bottle, too! Chears!

Greetings,
Andi

No no no... Its a hair fashion statement I believe he is trying to make. It's good to see someone from MLO's is brave enough to keep the style alive.

"The mullets or grey mullets are a family (Mugilidae) of ray-finned fish found worldwide in coastal temperate and tropical waters, and in some species in fresh water also.[1] Mullets have served as an important source of food in Mediterranean Europe since Roman times. The family includes about 80 species in 17 genera.

Mullets are distinguished by the presence of two separate dorsal fins, small triangular mouths, and the absence of a lateral line organ. They feed on detritus, and most species have unusually muscular stomachs and a complex pharynx to help in digestion."

*****Courtesy of Wikipedia

This was a fish that wasn't a favorite but still cooked due to low costs (in Hampton Roads VA).

- Dismount trails? -
Hmm, kinda reminds me of my MTB:ing days. How ever I was never in to fishing...

Bernard,

Perhaps he meant a rubber chicken, that is what I used on my Stylos.

Tapped the rails from the bottom and it slid up about an inch and came right off.:D

Rubber chickens are a must have whenever you are clowning around.......or so it seems whenever you need something soft and rubbery to tap the rails off your MLs without damaging anything but your reputation.:D

Rubber chickens are a must have whenever you are clowning around.......or so it seems whenever you need something soft and rubbery to tap the rails off your MLs without damaging anything but your reputation.:D

:ROFL: If I said that, my wife would ask "What reputation?".

So do you also have a rubber doll, for those "magic moments" ?

Back