Quest delayed output

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkjeffers

Reaction score
I have a set of Quests with new panels ( less than 100 hrs ) and yesterday when I put in a CD, it took about 20 - 30 seconds for the output on the right speaker to begin. I just had my amp and preamp serviced so it shouldn't be either of those outputs. Anyone else experienced this? once it started working it never quit or cutout. This was both the panel and woofer.

How much time do you leave between turning on the speaker and switching on the music. It may not be a problem at all but just a warmup issue. However, as I recall the delay is not as long as you experienced.

If it is more than that then you could switch over the speaker cables to see if the problem moved to the other speaker.

You could also try using the bi wire inputs to see if you can isolate the problem to the woofer or panel. The may also provide some useful informaton about which of the internal circuits could be causing the problem

After that I am not sure what I would do but at least you would have a lot more information to pass on to Martin Logan service department.

these Quests have the auto-turn off/on feature according to ML, so I am wondering if that is causing my problem, since they both were delayed much more than the few seconds normally delayed and one speaker came on sooner than the other one.

Back