Speaker plane & subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I've had my subs dialled in for the past several months and frankly, haven't done any moving or tweaking and I'm getting the itch :eek:

The subs are placed behind and slightly outside the Spires, close to the corners of the room about 12-14 inches from each wall.

For those who have experimented with stereo subs, have you tried moving the subs up and inboard of the speakers with the front planes of both the speakers and subs even?

May try this today for lack of anything better to do.

Gordon

Hi my friend.

One question. Is there something you don't like regarding your current sound?

I haven't moved my speakers in years. I guess what I'm suggesting is that if it's not broken, don't fix it.

You have, by any measure, a very impressive system.

Best,

GG

Thanks for the props Gordon.

I have to admit, moving the subs is not high on my to do list but, spring cleaning is going on around here and the dust bunnies tend to "herd" under the speakers, subs and behind the rack which needs a good cleaning :eek: The long feather duster or swiffer or whatever it is does a good job for the most part, it just needs a deeper cleaning.

I could probably make a big show of it and leave everything the same with the better half none the wiser, but I've tried that before and failed miserably!

Gordon

Back