How to Clean Summit Panels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychoacoustic

Reaction score
My summits have accumulated dust that is very visible on the mylar.

The vacuum/blowing air solution does not seem to work any more.

Is there a way to clean these panels?

Thanks all!

You might try compressed air. First try can compressed air. You can pick it up at a drug store or any electronics store. These small cans are not under extreme pressure and should not hurt your panels.

Or if you are a bit adventurous, you can try an air compressor, dial it up to 150PSI and be careful what type of tip you use and where and for how long you use it and only use one with a water separator. This should only be tried if all else fails. And be very careful with the choice of tip.

Oh yeah, and make sure you unplug them and let them sit for at least 12 to 24 hours first, just like you did before you vacuumed them, you did that right.

Last edited:
If vacuuming is not working then they probably haven't been sitting unplugged for long enough. Try up to 24 hours before vacuuming.

First call ML support.

I don't know about the newer panels, but Jim Powers once told me that using very good microfiber cloths works. For stubborn problems it is permissable to lightly dampen one with high quality pure window cleaner (read old style Windex) and clean the panel. Be sure to dry immediately with another microfiber cloth. Vacuum afterwards.

First call ML support.

I don't know about the newer panels, but Jim Powers once told me that using very good microfiber cloths works. For stubborn problems it is permissable to lightly dampen one with high quality pure window cleaner (read old style Windex) and clean the panel. Be sure to dry immediately with another microfiber cloth. Vacuum afterwards.

Hola...you can use a soft paint brush 11/2" width to help to remove the dust. It will not harm the diaphragm, use it with care...
Regards,
Roberto.

Back