A new addition

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron

Reaction score
My new CLX speakers

Attachments

• Martin Logan CLX speakers 001.jpg
    Martin Logan CLX speakers 001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 483
The CLX speaker is close to the window. No problem with the McIntosh MEN 220 room correction. I just ordered a McIntosh MX 150 processor, to replace the MEN 220. These are the 25 Anniversary addition. They are in brushed aluminum and black aluminum to match the McIntosh equipment. The sound is unbeliveable. This makes my Mitsubishi 82 inch big screen look small.

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous, Ron! Isn't the MEN220 based on Lyngdorf's RC?

I am not sure of the differences. Maybe someone else can answer that question. The McIntosh MX 150 will correct the CLX's, the center channel, the surrounds, and subwoofer.

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!!!

What sub/ subs are you running?

Also, if you do serious 2 channel listening, have you considered covering the TV with a blanket to eliminate some brightness?

If I am in your neighborhood, I may look you up!

Gorgeous!!!!

What sub/ subs are you running?

Also, if you do serious 2 channel listening, have you considered covering the TV with a blanket to eliminate some brightness?

If I am in your neighborhood, I may look you up!

I am using a Velodyne DD 15 behind the single chair. It aims outward about 29 feet across the Living room/Dining room combination. One big room 20 by 29.

As far as the big screen, the MEN 220 takes care of the problem. In the set up we addressed the screen with the microphone, so it was taken into account. Same with the 16 foot Sliding Glass Door 10 inches away from the speaker front.

Attachments

• sub woofer location 001.jpg
    sub woofer location 001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 455
  • sub woofer location 002.jpg
    sub woofer location 002.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 458
Ron,

I see you have an HT setup. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks CLXs in surround sound is the best.

Do you listen to much 5.1 SACD or DVD audio on your systms?

Ron,

I see you have an HT setup. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks CLXs in surround sound is the best.

Do you listen to much 5.1 SACD or DVD audio on your systms?

I got rid of my McIntosh 871 dvd/sacd player. I love to listen to my Pink Floyd on that player in 5.1. I purchased a Denon 3800 bdci blu ray player, and that does not do sacd. I replaced the McIntosh 871 for a McIntosh MCD 500 cd player. No more 5.1 on that cd player. Personally I perfer 2 channel music, and 5.1 for movies. Concerts/videos on the Denon sound good in 5.1. The CLX's are awesome.

Last edited:
Jeff, we joined the same date. June 2007. I reached my 100th post. You have a lot more.:rocker:

Last edited:
Looks great Ron! At first look, I thought you had the "McIntosh" version of the CLX. I think fishman had a link up here that highlighted the difference between that and the 25th.

Are you going trade in your MEN220 on the MX150? I'm leaning further to the 220 in light of following it at another site. Great results from a box speaker and a few mentions of non-box speakers.

Gordon

Beautiful room!

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous, Ron! Isn't the MEN220 based on Lyngdorf's RC?

McIntosh licensed it from Lyngdorf and added a few goodies. If your interested, I can PM you a link to some good comparisons.

Gordon

Looks great Ron! At first look, I thought you had the "McIntosh" version of the CLX. I think fishman had a link up here that highlighted the difference between that and the 25th.

Are you going trade in your MEN220 on the MX150? I'm leaning further to the 220 in light of following it at another site. Great results from a box speaker and a few mentions of non-box speakers.

Gordon

Beautiful room!

Thank you Gordon. It is a CLX 25th aniversary addition built to match the McIntosh equipment.

Yes, I am going to trade in the MEN220 for the MX150. I should have it in about 3 weeks. All this equipment trading I have done over the years cost big bucks.

Last edited:
These pictures will show the size of the room and the layout of my home theater. Origionally the living room is where the fireplace was, and the dining room, was where the home theater is.

Attachments

• dining room 001.jpg
    dining room 001.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 361
  • dining room 002.jpg
    dining room 002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 362
Ron, does that mean you were able to order these from ML or went the used route?

Gordon

Ron, does that mean you were able to order these from ML or went the used route?

Gordon

They were demo's. About 200 hours on them. I was very lucky to get them. Full warrentee. Martin Logan would not build me a pair like these. They would do one more anniversary addition in silver if I wanted. These are not available any more, so they told me when I called.

I got rid of my McIntosh 871 dvd/sacd player. I love to listen to my Pink Floyd on that player in 5.1. I purchased a Denon 3800 bdci blu ray player, and that does not do sacd. I replaced the McIntosh 871 for a McIntosh MCD 500 cd player. No more 5.1 on that cd player. Personally I perfer 2 channel music, and 5.1 for movies. Concerts/videos on the Denon sound good in 5.1. The CLX's are awesome.

Maybe if you add two more CLXs for the rear channels your preference will chenage.:D

Such is the power of the CLX.........okay, I admit I was addicted to multi-channel first, but CLXs can make you do strange things.:devil:

Maybe if you add two more CLXs for the rear channels your preference will chenage.:D

Such is the power of the CLX.........okay, I admit I was addicted to multi-channel first, but CLXs can make you do strange things.:devil:

That would not work well in my room as you can see. But those Motifs are wonderful for movie surrounds. According to my supplier, the MX150 will dial everything in. No more changing equipment, your finished, he said. :ROFL: I gain shelf space since my new Marantz av 8003 and the McIntosh MEN220 are being replaced by the MX150. I will then be able to put the Direct TV box back in the cabinet instead of on the floor behind the CLX.

If I spend any more money on sterio equipment, I should think about selling this twin turbo.

Attachments

• porche 001.jpg
    porche 001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 187
  • porche 003.jpg
    porche 003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 185
Back