Amplifier recommendation please !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 7.2 channel system with 2 sequel II for the front, 2 sl3 for the rear, and 2 cinema for the rear back and with a ML stage for the center. All running of a onkyo NR807. I am wondering if I am milking my ML setup for all its worth
with my onkyo. So the next upgrade for me is to hook a 7 channel amp to my receiver with its preamp outputs. What would be a good amp that would support my configuration. A one piece 7 channel amp that I can be happy with for the next few years. I am considering the MC207 mcintosh or mc58.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Vijay

Hello,
Your Onkyo is sadly not very well suited to drive the Speakers you own.
Even by using a 5 or 3 Channel Amplifier, you will be freeing to Onkyo to provide more power to the connected Channels.

Your choices are staggering. As recommended above, Sunfire works quite well. In addition, Martin Logan personally often uses Parasound Amplification for Demonstrations and I have been beyond pleased with my HCA-3500 and HCA-2205AT.
Cheers,
JJ

I have a 7.2 channel system with 2 sequel II for the front, 2 sl3 for the rear, and 2 cinema for the rear back and with a ML stage for the center. All running of a onkyo NR807. I am wondering if I am milking my ML setup for all its worth
with my onkyo. So the next upgrade for me is to hook a 7 channel amp to my receiver with its preamp outputs. What would be a good amp that would support my configuration. A one piece 7 channel amp that I can be happy with for the next few years. I am considering the MC207 mcintosh or mc58.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Vijay

Sorry to change the subject but seeing how you have both Sequel IIs and SL3s what differences do you see in them? I own Sequell IIs and often wondered.

Sorry, I actually have two quest Z for the front not sequels as mentioned in my original post.

Back