OK so I have my source se ......

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectormovielover

Reaction score
Where do I go from here?

Would love recommendations on getting the centre channel and surrounds from ML owners and non owners of source se

I power my speakers temporarily with an onkyo 1007 I borrowed

I have the Source as mains and found that the 'Feature' (powered version of the Matinee) is very well timber matched for a center and includes a built-in 150watt amp. I would highly recommend putting the bucks on the center if HT is important. For surrounds (rear and side), I could not pass on the great deal with the Encores TF that is going on ($199ea. MSRP $499). I found them to be a great fit for my HT.

I have the Source as mains and found that the 'Feature' (powered version of the Matinee) is very well timber matched for a center and includes a built-in 150watt amp. I would highly recommend putting the bucks on the center if HT is important. For surrounds (rear and side), I could not pass on the great deal with the Encores TF that is going on ($199ea. MSRP $499). I found them to be a great fit for my HT.

My biggest worries come from the midrange being output by the cones on the vignette, encores ,preface and montage not sounding very good with the front soundstage . The only surrounds that seem to be worth it are the fresco i or another pair of stats but these seem to bulky

I am thinking stage, motif ,matinee or maybe even a logos if that would blend . Could a theatre or stage blend well with the source ?

Your best bet for matching the Sources in the front, might be a Motif, either used on A'gon for around 1k maybe a bit less or a new Motif if you can afford it.

I like the suggestion of Encores at $199 for the rest of the channels. This would be a top shelf feature/value multi-channel system.

Stage would blend for sure and you would not have to upgrade the Stage as you will inevitably upgrade the other pieces, including the Sources.

My main reason for going with the Matinee/Feature was both use paper cones (as does the Source) for the woofer where the Motif uses aluminum cones. The Motif is a great center but the Matinee/Feature may be a better timbre match (and a bit less expensive).

Back