Dynamo no more gogo

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ad1787

Reaction score
I am sick, I think my Dynamo has died. I recently purchased a Panamax 4300 and had my Dynamo and all over amps,receivers plugged into it. I had't listened to any movies lately so I can not say exactly when it died but it will not power on at all. I checked the fuse and it looks perfectly fine but I'll get a replacement just in case to see if that helps. I do remember the other morning still mostly asleep I thought I heard the power cut off/on in the house. I keep the sub in "auto" mode so I can't see how losing power would harm the sub.

I'll be calling Customer support tomorrow to see what can be done. Of course never registered my Dynamo and wont be able to use the 3yr warranty.

Anyone have suggestions on what might have happened.

Definitely try the fuse. I've seen plenty of fuses that look fine, but do not work. Usually upon closer inspection you can find a spot where it is burned or there is a very small fracture in the fuse wire. Hope it was the fuse!

Also try plugging the sub directly into the wall socket and bypassing the Panamax. Maybe the Panamax isn't working properly through that socket that the sub is plugged into.

well replacing the fuse didn't help matters at all. Looks like I'll be calling customer service and hope to have a great experience like you all usually describe

Be sure to try unplugging the Dynamo and let it sit for 1 minute, then plug it in directly to the wall.

One last thing, is the power cord a straight IEC cord or is does it have a small DC box attached with a round power plug that goes in to the Dynamo?

Be sure to try unplugging the Dynamo and let it sit for 1 minute, then plug it in directly to the wall.

One last thing, is the power cord a straight IEC cord or is does it have a small DC box attached with a round power plug that goes in to the Dynamo?

I would guess straight, i dont know anything about what you are describing, "smalll DC box".

I did check the cord w/ a multimeter and its working properly.

Calling Martin tomorrow and will report back with my findings

Some ML speakers come with DC transformer power cords and some come with straight IEC power cords.

If it was a DC transformer power cord then that could be another problem.

But it sounds like you checked the power cord and it sounded like it was an IEC power cord so that is not it.

Interesting, I know others will be interested to find out what went wrong.

I wonder if your Dynamo experienced a power surge that was enough to burn a transistor to two. Good luck either way.

Back