Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron

Reaction score
I will be getting the CLX speaker in black ash. My Summits are for sale. You can see the discription in the Classified add section. I forgot to mention the color. Natural Cherry.

I will be getting the CLX speaker in black ash. My Summits are for sale. You can see the discription in the Classified add section. I forgot to mention the color. Natural Cherry.

good choice on the black ash....my spires were black ash and i really
liked the look....can't go wrong with black....goes with everything.

Congrats Ron! I'm curious as to how large/small a room you are going to place the CLX in?

Gordon

Congrats Ron! I'm curious as to how large/small a room you are going to place the CLX in?

Gordon

The whole room is very large. About 20 deep by 29 wide. It is a living room/dining combination. The living room area is 12 wide. The speakers will be going on that wall, about 4' out. The left speaker will be only 4 to 5 inches from the 16 foot Sliding glass door. The other speaker will have no boundry. It opens to dining room. The reason the left speaker is so close to the sliding glass door, is because I have a door that goes into the kitchen. Between the two speakers is a 87" Salamander cabinet, with my 82" big screen on it. I will be using the McIntosh MEN 220 room correction system. This has done wonders for my summits. My summit left speaker is only about 19" from the sgd, and the right speaker has no boundries. I hope it works it magic on the CLX. To see my set up, go to www.socalacousticalwalls.com Projects. Click on picture 15 & 16. It the one with the 71 inch Samsung, and blue leather couch. I now have theater seating, and a Mitsubishi 82837.

Last edited:
good choice on the black ash....my spires were black ash and i really
liked the look....can't go wrong with black....goes with everything.

I saw your black ash speakers, and thought they looked real good.

Last edited:
That does sound like a big room! Much larger than what I have at the present. I'm trying to get a feel for room size of CLX users. I'm glad to see your using the 220. I've been following it's development and use over the past couple months but haven't seen too much on it with an ESL.

Ron-C from McIntosh has said it did wonders with the CLX and placement was not as critical as without. I'm on the fence with this piece but the more I hear about it's use with an ESL, I'm more than likely to fall off into the 220 camp!

Gordon

That does sound like a big room! Much larger than what I have at the present. I'm trying to get a feel for room size of CLX users. I'm glad to see your using the 220. I've been following it's development and use over the past couple months but haven't seen too much on it with an ESL.

Ron-C from McIntosh has said it did wonders with the CLX and placement was not as critical as without. I'm on the fence with this piece but the more I hear about it's use with an ESL, I'm more than likely to fall off into the 220 camp!

Gordon

I was at the Source A/V in Torrance, California, and Ron C demonstrated the MEN 220 with the CLX. I was very impressed. He then pushed the bi-pass button on the remote, and it did not sound near as good. The CLX speakers were only about 2 feet from the front wall. This really does correct speaker placement.

Back