"Walking" Sub

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethernectar

Reaction score
So I just recently added a Dynamo 700 sub to my home system (JBL L-3s) and love hearing that low end. But how can I keep the sub from walking around?

I have hardwood floors (over slab) so don't really want to use the spikes and mess my floors up. The sub is positioned in the corner (only place for it really) and works its way up against the wall after 5 or 10 minutes of music. I've already taken the art from that corner of the room because the buzz from the frames was killing me.

Any and all recommendations are welcome!

Matt

Might want to try mass loading the sub. A friend of mine had the same problem and he solved it by putting about 30 pounds of weight on top. He started with low weights and gradually added more until it stopped walking around the room.

Gordon

Maybe a sub dude by Auralux might help they are like 60 bucks I like mine

Attachments

• SUBDHD.jpg
    SUBDHD.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 219
Spike it to something solid, such as the "Sub Dude" mentioned above, or anything else that won't damage your floors.

Thanks, I think I got it solved. I have an old world atlas, a big solid thick one. I put the spikes in the feet and set it on the book. So far, so good. Will give it A solid test tomorrow night just to see.

Get a piece of marble or some tile and put it under the sub then you can spike on that and not worry. FWIW, I built the base my sub sits on and it was a great improvement.

Good Luck

Jeff:cool:

Latest posts

Back