So I tried to talk to the wife about the CLX... Oops

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't name any names, but one way I know that works is to first create a skunk works, black ops, slush fund account.

Then when you get enough money put aside, get the CLXs, and just tell her that you are keeping them until a friend's divorce is final.....but that could take a long while.

After a year if she asks, just tell her that you got them in the settlement, the ex didn't want such big overwhelmingly powerful speakers in her new home:D

The above underlined will be the beginning of mistrust in the marriage. Not a sound idea. It may have been a joke, but terrible suggestion nonetheless. Not trying to be the jerk here. Just think there other more reasonable (and truthful) ways to speak to our wives about audio gear. To the OP, good luck in your pursuits.

Last edited:
The above underlined will be the beginning of mistrust in the marriage. Not a sound idea. It may have been a joke, but terrible suggestion nonetheless. Not trying to be the jerk here. Just think there other more reasonable (and truthful) ways to speak to our wives about audio gear. To the OP, good luck in your pursuits.

It may have been a joke......you think!

On the other hand, as someone famous once said, "When it comes to audiophiles, some wives can not handle the truth....... I know mine can't and the reason is she does not care, at all.

She would rather watch grass grow or watch mice reproduce than sit and really listen to music.

So I respect her wishes and she respects mine......okay she doesn't know or even care what I think let alone respect what I think or want, so it works out for both of us, and it is coming up on 35 years together so at least mistrust has some anecdotal evidence in its favor.:D

I have a more than a few friends that have been brutally honest with their ex-wives.....and I rest my case.:D

Back