Surround recommendations w/Prodigy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
With the Prodigy's doing main duty, I'm working on the rest of the 7.2 system. Alas, the CLS are just to large for surrounds, so I'm in the market for something smaller. I was thinking Stylos. I need a small foot print or wall hanging.

I would look at the a pair of ML Scenario. I find them perfect for surrounds. These can be had used for less than $800.00 a pair. The script are good as well but you will have to wall hang them.

I like the aeons. Panel would be a good match with prodigy. Question is height.

Stylos is a good choice, I have 4 of them in one of my HTs.

I re-paneled them back in the spring of 08. They sing like new when you get new panels and I replaced the woofers, while I was at it.

Both were available by ML just resently, hopefully they still are.

They are a good choice because they do mount on the wall and can be swiveled and raked to meet almost any desired angle. They come in white and black colors so they can blend or stand out as you desire.

Personally, I am not sure the CLSs are too big for rear, but I believe your logans can never be too big.:D

Thanks for the inputs guys. I'll keep a look out on Audiogon and the like. Then again, maybe one of our members here is looking to sell, trade or barter. I do have a pair of CLS that were only used on Sundays for chamber music. :rolleyes:

I have always loved the fresco's. the brackets give them

the versatility I need since i'm always moving furniture.

Oh, and of course I have 2 extra for sale, you know how

contact me. $750 for the pair (silver) with brackets.

I have Ascent and Scripts, but I think two pair of Scripts would be the best choice personally. The Ascent is WAY overkill for a surround...

Two pair of Script i's would be my advice..hung upside down of course..I have two pair with my ReQuests and they work wonderfully.

Dan

Back