Whats happening to this Forum???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
judging speakers on their merit per kilo or merit per pound is a bit peculiar??

If you just need "out" from planars, just say so, lol.

Otherwise, check out the King Sound "King". It was a nice surprise at AXPONA and quite affordable. I may go as far as to say that it is a CLX alternative at a down to earth price.

Cheers,
Ray

I've read nothing but rave reviews about the "sound" of the
King speakers, but they need even more power than the Maggies
and their quality control is suspect. I'd be too worried about
getting them serviced. There's a King dealer 30 miles away
but i'm not going to waste his time if i won't buy. Maybe
when their reputation for quality improves.

I've read nothing but rave reviews about the "sound" of the
King speakers, but they need even more power than the Maggies
and their quality control is suspect. I'd be too worried about
getting them serviced. There's a King dealer 30 miles away
but i'm not going to waste his time if i won't buy. Maybe
when their reputation for quality improves.

I've read mixed reviews. Definitely a speaker to listen to for a while before purchasing.

However, with Martin Logan, the Designs vary from Folded Motion Tweeters with conventional Woofers to ATF Ribbon Tweeters with Woofers in the Design Series to Electrostatic Designs with woofers in the Design/ESL/Reserve ESL Series to finally an all Electrostatic Design in the Flagship CLX.

If the number of Members rise, it might be prudent to have Subforums for Electrostatic and Non Electrostatic Models. If only because many Owners of ESL Models might not be familiar with the ATF Designs or Motion Series. And vice versa. The ESL Models definitely have requirements to sound their best that perhaps the other Designs do not.
Jungle Jack makes a good point and a very good suggestion about the forum topic categories expanding a little bit to differentiate between ESL, ATF and conventional ML models. I think that would be a useful enhancement to this forum and is inline with ML speaker evolution. You should recommend that to Tom D. in an email. Otherwise, it may get overlooked here.

Last edited:
Wow.. this is getting pretty heavy, deep and real.

When I find a place to hang out that I like, it's about the people and common interests. Whether it's a local Starbucks, camera club or online forum.

All I can say is that I love my Logans.. sometimes I want more out of them but they are one of my passions. I enjoy hanging here because you all share some of the same passions and I really like seeing & reading about where I can only dream to go. Probably no CLX's in my lifetime but I do love reading about the CLX (Summit, Spire, Vantage, Vista) systems here.

I would never have found out about Tone Mag if I wasn't here.. same goes for DAC's, Signal Cable, AudioGon, acoustic treatments, Dead Can Dance, flashlight setup and about a dozen other things that have greatly enhanced my audio enjoyment experience. Thank you all for that!! You're awesome.

Martin Logan is just one (although big) part of my life. I really like sharing the audio experience and I do have other passions.. as you all do. I also like hearing about them too.. We have one thing in common so I find it interesting to see what else we have in common.. I do not have the salary or spare cash to get into too much but it is nice to know that we share some interests.. watches (just picked up my dream watch, an Omega Sea Master.. similar to the Bond edition), scotch, cars, photography, the odd cigar..

This is a community, and one of the best that I have been a part of. Let's continue to share our passions, debate what we think is best, share our common loves and interests, but most of all, respect where we're coming from. There will be the incidental oddball and we'll take care of them as they come up.

Let's see where Martin Logan goes.. as they evolve, expand, diversify, so should we.. If its time to move in another direction, cherish the experience and move on knowing that there were some really good times.

Thank you Tom for all your great work!! I really enjoy being here. It's one of the best forums I've ever participated in!!

I blame Joey.

Having coined the term "joeyitis", I will now introduce

another, this site has become "Joygon" (joey without the

E for emotion), its when a site has its most enthusiastic

and positive poster go on hiatus, and the joy goes with

him.

Post of the day, MickeyVee! Well said! I have an Omega too, albeit a 40-year old one (pre-Bond), which I love.

Well, I hadn't been on the site in a couple of weeks... did I miss something?:eek:

In response to the OP, I understand your concerns, but as others have noted, as long as the discussions are posted in the appropriate forum (Off Topic, Main Discussion, etc.) I think open discussion of various topics is fine. As far as the civility of the discussion as of late, I do recognize some subtle changes in tone, but I attribute that to the various discussions of the recent changes at ML.

For some perspective, before I bought my first pair of MLs, I was very much a home theater enthusiast. As many members here know, avsforum has been the most prominent online forum for HT information, and for good reason. When I first joined avsforum in the early 2000s, the discussion was lively, but civil and almost always very informative. Within the last three years or so, however, I have noticed that the discussions can quickly descend into troll-fests with little to no moderation (supervision?:(). The point is that while I do still enjoy posting here and value the friendships and acquaintances I have made on and offline, I would hate to see MLC deteriorate as avsforum has.

Tom,

I echo the other posters who have expressed appreciation for all you do to keep this site running. There are many fora that I no longer visit mainly because the sites are so poorly managed. Kudos to you, sir!:cheers:

Anthony

Hello,
AVSForum is an interesting place. There does not seem to be many Martin Logan lovers there. As to Moderation, the Blu Ray Forum is ultra censored. I believe that is due to the scars from the great BD/HD-DVD Flame War.

Otherwise, many other Subforums are pretty laissiez faire. The Emotiva fanbois can be pretty annoying. The AV123 worshippers have been pretty quiet due to the recent Indictment of the Founder. Regardless, I really do value the Video Display Forums and Source Components.

I really do not think the direction of this Forum is going that way. It is just recent events has caused a general sense of unease. Namely the moving of ESL Production from Kansas to Canada.
Cheers,
JJ

judging speakers on their merit per kilo or merit per pound is a bit peculiar??

If you just need "out" from planars, just say so, lol.

Otherwise, check out the King Sound "King". It was a nice surprise at AXPONA and quite affordable. I may go as far as to say that it is a CLX alternative at a down to earth price.

Cheers,
Ray

I've heard Kingsound speakers twice in two different settings. On both occasions, I thought they sounded pretty poor, to be honest. Nowhere near CLX performance. Relatively cheap, though, I grant you.

Hello,
AVSForum is an interesting place. There does not seem to be many Martin Logan lovers there. As to Moderation, the Blu Ray Forum is ultra censored. I believe that is due to the scars from the great BD/HD-DVD Flame War.

Otherwise, many other Subforums are pretty laissiez faire. The Emotiva fanbois can be pretty annoying. The AV123 worshippers have been pretty quiet due to the recent Indictment of the Founder. Regardless, I really do value the Video Display Forums and Source Components.

I really do not think the direction of this Forum is going that way. It is just recent events has caused a general sense of unease. Namely the moving of ESL Production from Kansas to Canada.
Cheers,
JJ

Whoa, I didn't know about that!:eek:

Hello,
All of the "Raffles" with the proceeds going to Charitable Organizations and People were not going where they were supposed to and not in the amount indicated. And in some cases, not at all.
Cheers,
JJ

Back