clean diaphram on Martin Logan Aeon?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tosh,

they seem to be from the end of 2003.

Anyway. I have now replaced the stators with new ones. The sound difference wasn't that big but there was more treble and the sound was a lot "lighter". In some songs it feels like the sound is weightless if you know what I mean. I have only played the panels for about 20hours so I will wait I little bit until I can judge them. I have measurements of the old stators and also from the new before break-in. When they have played a little longer I will do new measurings.

I still think I want to clean the old diphragms just for the cause of it but I don't think I have the time to do this with a Q-tip. I want to open up the stators and clean them with a cloth or similar.

On the other hand right now I have no use for them. Is it hard to DIY the electronics part to get them running in another speaker? :D

How hard it is will depend on your abilities and resources. Perhaps browse or search (or even ask) on the 'planars' section on diyaudio.com?

Back