SL3 and bi-amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablos

Reaction score
Hi there,

just joined to this forum, hello to everybody and let's start with my first discussion and question:

I own a pair of SL3 since...years, they are driven by a Proceed AMP2 using a biwirng Kimber 8TC cables (two pair of 8TC) and sound simply wonderful, but....there's always something to do....
I'm thinking to duplicate my AMP2 to try to biamp the logans
Maybe I can set the two AMP's as bridged mono units just doubling the power and still using the biwirng connection, or I can try to vertical or horizontal biamp them, but I'm little worried by the channels used to drive the panels only, because of the risk of a very low minimum load.......
Does anyone have experience with this stuff? any opinion or tip?
Cheers
Paul

Pablos,
Welcome to the club. The Proceed AMP2 is quite good and will be able to handle the panels just fine. Either bi-amp configuration should be fine with the Proceed AMP2 since you have identical amps. I would think that vertical bi-amp will be a better fit since you can put each amp closer to the speaker to reduce the speaker cable run. You can do a search in this forum for more info. Lots of discussion on this subject already.

Spike

Back