Cinema troubleshooting

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triode4

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had this center channel for years and the warrantee is out. I have some knowledge of electronics, enough to be safe. I have 270 dc going to the panel ,but I can barely hear it. Is it the panel or power supply that is faulty?I have checked all connections. The led is lit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have an answer for you, but where is the LED on the cinema? I've never noticed one on mine and it works fine.

Its just the panel that is out, not the woofers or tweeter?

Yes, just the panel, I have disconnected the tweeter and woofers.. I can hear the panel but is very low amount of output. The led is on the printed circuit board.

Ah, internal, I guess. That's why I haven't seen it. haha

Hola...the voltage bias should be at the red around 3000 V. D.C. You will need a special probe to test this voltage. It looks like you have a faulty power supply. On the other hand, it is wise to give a shower to the stat panel. Believe us when we say a shower. Look at the tweak section of this forum. Perhaps there is not for your model, but it is the same thing for every Martin Logan electrostatic panel. If you want, you can contact Melodie at Martin Logan service dept. She will guide you with no problem how to check everything. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Can't help you with touble shooting, however, if you need a new stat panel it's $220 + shipping (as of 2 or so weeks ago). I have a Cinema also and plan on replacing mine in the near future.

Back