What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a Yenco Dave???

Nope.......I'll give Sam a chance to chime back in, he should know being a Chevelle guy !

Oh, BTW Larry I'd hate to see what would happen if that Toyota of yours ever suffered 'Uncontrolled Throttle syndrome' !!! damn thing would probably go airborne !

Last edited:
Thanks whats nice about this old girl is it has an extended widebody and335's
on the back it can dead hook 700 to the wheels on R compound rubber it is'nt any good if you can't get it to the ground !!! I can run a bigger turbo but I find 700-750 at the wheel hp is about all you can hook up on the street I've played with a lot of the big HP Supras real fast on the big end but the sweet spot between 20-160 I got em

real nice vette too I bet its a lot of fun

I hear ya, I wouldn't go bigger, either. Powerband suffers hard and reliability goes from OK to bad. Ever been out to the track with it? I'd imagine that around 700whp you'd trap 135ish pretty easily.

My last car might be more your style -

lrx7019.jpg

I hear ya, I wouldn't go bigger, either. Powerband suffers hard and reliability goes from OK to bad. Ever been out to the track with it? I'd imagine that around 700whp you'd trap 135ish pretty easily.

My last car might be more your style -

Love the turbo mazdas I know a few guys who have big singles on them pretty darn fast

Its hard keeping those apex seals in em for long with a big single and high boost

went drag racing a few times on a road racing suspension and R compound road racing tires it ran a 11.1 @ 133 I really like road courses and the twisties thats what its really set up for

Nope.......I'll give Sam a chance to chime back in, he should know being a Chevelle guy !

Oh, BTW Larry I'd hate to see what would happen if that Toyota of yours ever suffered 'Uncontrolled Throttle syndrome' !!! damn thing would probably go airborne !

Well it depends on what is rare as far as options or limited production numbers. I know there were only 201 1965 Z-16's, I've seen a few excellent and outstanding restoration examples from some of the Chevelle clubs I am a member of. Supposedly only 1 65 Z-16 Convertible. But maybe it could be the 1970 L89, aluminum cylinder headed 375 hp 396, only 18 built...17 eh...hmmmm? Tell me...

By the way, that's an awesome time for a 3600lb car...
Trains are really incredible Dave. Must take a lot of maintenace to keep the tracks clean. Now there's something you don't see everyday, very nice! I could probably stand there and watch them all day long!

Last edited:
Love the turbo mazdas I know a few guys who have big singles on them pretty darn fast

Its hard keeping those apex seals in em for long with a big single and high boost

went drag racing a few times on a road racing suspension and R compound road racing tires it ran a 11.1 @ 133 I really like road courses and the twisties thats what its really set up for

My RX-7 didn't have a rotary for the reasons you mentioned above. haha. I've had 2 LSx swapped RX-7's.

I agree, I like to turn, but I like to see drag strip trap speed, too. I haven't run the z06 on kill yet, but it should trap about 135mph.

Do you wheel to wheel race or just time trial? I am itching to get out to the road course now that it is warming up!

Hocky,

Wheel to wheel as well as just DE stuff, but when you get to the top classes in the DE world you know the guys you are out there with SO WELL that you are really racing them but just no passing w/o a point by... sometimes if we get a good run on a friend we might pass them anyway, but only if we are SURE it is safe. Anything goes in the wheel to wheel combat but not rubbing in the Porsche Club racing!

Ward, that looks VERY FAMILIAR to me! I have two of them... MP5 A3 and the MP5SD A2 pictured. LOVE'EM!

Since we are talking snails...

Here is the pass. side on the motor (drivers side is same, just clocked differently);

P1050132.jpg

And just for reference :)

SZTurbo.jpg

Bikes, Basenji's, Infrared Photography, Hammered Dulcimer, Golf, Working out, Fine Wine, Microbrews.

Attachments

• LowReslean.jpg
    LowReslean.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 171
  • FullChoplowres.jpg
    FullChoplowres.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 174
  • TruckBike.jpg
    TruckBike.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 167
went drag racing a few times on a road racing suspension and R compound road racing tires it ran a 11.1 @ 133

Larry that's a big top end for a mediocre et, it's safe to assume your 60' times weren't to impressive (given your turbo, gearing and traction). Regardless, big trap speed is an indication of serious HP !

the old adage in the world of drag racing is ....'torque off the line, HP through the traps' !

Well it depends on what is rare as far as options or limited production numbers. I know there were only 201 1965 Z-16's, I've seen a few excellent and outstanding restoration examples from some of the Chevelle clubs I am a member of. Supposedly only 1 65 Z-16 Convertible. But maybe it could be the 1970 L89, aluminum cylinder headed 375 hp 396, only 18 built...17 eh...hmmmm? Tell me...

The rarest of the rare.......1970, LS-6, M-22,.....CONVERTIBLE ! while only seventeen of these Chevelles were ever made, Reggie Jackson had four in his possesion at the time of his tragic fire a few years back. Only thirteen documented exist today. My neighbors has been the cover car on every know chevy and Motorhead mag over the past twenty years. He keeps it in a 'hermetically sealed' garage ! Approx worth (even in this economy).. 300k

By the way, that's an awesome time for a what 4400lb car?

Oh I lightened it up quite a bit.....3535 #....with me in it, 7 gallons in the fuel cell. With the DOT setup right around 3400#

Must take a lot of maintenace to keep the tracks clean. Now there's something you don't see everyday, very nice! I could probably stand there and watch them all day long!

Sam, I run primarily 'live steam' , no need for clean tracks !

Backyard gardening and Koi pond.

Attachments

• backyard.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 168
  • backyard 2.jpg
    backyard 2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 170
  • backyard 3.jpg
    backyard 3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 169
My biggest hobby outside of A/V is photography. It has been a lifelong hobby, but just in the last few years I have begun to embrace the digital revolution. Attached below are a few examples. The first two are ones my friend is considering using on the cover of his next CD. The next one is a local mill that has been refurbished into an arts center. The last two are some macro shots. You have to be pretty brave (or stupid) to intentionally get that close to a wasp. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4517-139.jpg
    IMG_4517-139.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4580-53.jpg
    IMG_4580-53.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4492-50.jpg
    IMG_4492-50.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1974-105.jpg
    IMG_1974-105.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2272-121.jpg
    IMG_2272-121.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 171
nice shots indeed. yours too jim. was that pepe smith in 1 of your shots jim? what gear do you guys use? i have a d90, 18-105 f 3.5-5.6g, manfrotto 190x prob tripod.

awesome yard trumpet. i wonder, how do your koi's survive winter?

The Koi go into a sort of hibernation. The pond is 11 feet deep at its deepest point so there is no danger of ice getting to them. Here is a pic of some of the herd.

Attachments

• koi.jpg
    koi.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 149

Latest posts

Back