What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it is cooking.. I am back in college taking culinary classes, also home improvement, and my little beasty! If there is anyone in the dfw area lets get together.

Attachments

• IMGP0026.jpg
    IMGP0026.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 172
its more of a passion

Attachments

• DSC_9685.jpg
    DSC_9685.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Here are some more pics...more to follow too I am sure...

The car shot is MOST of the collection... Two are missing my '82 blue 928 with 3660 miles on it (same color as my race car) and my new Guards Red '85 EURO S... The guitar on the left has over 250 hand inlaid pieces in the neck the yellow one on the right has about 125 hand inlaid pieces...they are know as The Last Supper and Ascension respectively. The dark one in the previous post is Crucifixion. These are all S/N #2's and are a set so to speak...

The firearm is a 9mm MP5SD...SUPER COOL!

Do you wheel to wheel race or just time trial? I am itching to get out to the road course now that it is warming up!

QUOTE=Pcar928fan;119883]Here are some more pics...more to follow too I am sure...

The firearm is a 9mm MP5SD...SUPER COOL![/QUOTE]

Then you recognize this picture in my kitchen.

mp5.jpg
[

Headed to the Porsche factory next month for the launch of the new Cayenne. Should be interesting. I'll be sure to post a few pics!

My other Hobby is stalking 700 hp Zo6's :D

Attachments

• supra 006.jpg
    supra 006.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 139
  • pic004.jpg
    pic004.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 138
i had greyhounds for years. one died and the other went with the ex! whippets - woah. same amount of energy as a greyhound, but concentrated!!

Nice - I run around with a couple of Supra guys a bit. My old cars would have fun playing with 1000hp supras, but my current one won't. Looks like you need more turbo! haha ;-) Car looks good.

DSC01504.JPG

I'm old school guys.......cubic inches, naturally aspirated !

462 ci, 715 hp.......no blower, no nitrous !

Attachments

• PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

You call that "old school"? No, this is old school:

Attachments

• Jackson XK140 014.jpg
    Jackson XK140 014.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Jackson XK140 015.jpg
    Jackson XK140 015.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 160

For me it's cars...I happen to have grown up very close to the muscle car era and developed a liking to them from a long time ago, still do.

Nice cars guys...!

Mine is attached, had this one since 83. It's from Pennsylvania, originally dark blue with white stripes...I paid $50.00 for it with 113K miles on it. Needed lots of work back then, but it was worth it. For those curious, it's an LS-6 454 ci, 4 speed car.

Naturally aspirated as well, not sure of the horsepower, definetly over 500 that's for sure. Stock it was rated at 450 HP. Changing heads soon, probably the new AFR 290's. Dave, what heads are you using on that Big Block?

Other hobbies include Lionel trains.

Attachments

• 112_1292.jpg
    112_1292.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Mine is attached,

Nice Chevelle Sam, FWIW, my neighbor owns the rarest Chevelle ever built, can you tell me what it is ? ....hint...only seventeen were ever produced.

Dave, what heads are you using on that Big Block?

Dart Pro-1, full race port. Sam the only thing left on that motor that was Chevy is the block (LS-6)....Calles crank and rods, J-E forged pistons, full mechanical roller, Edelbrock, Holley. It was in my '86 Monte Carlo, 10.21 @ 131.7 (race trim), 10.42 @ 130 (DOT's, mufflers)

Other hobbies include Lionel trains.

trains....trains...did I hear Trains !!.....my back yard !

Attachments

• IMG_6765.jpg
    IMG_6765.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Nice - I run around with a couple of Supra guys a bit. My old cars would have fun playing with 1000hp supras, but my current one won't. Looks like you need more turbo! haha ;-) Car looks good.

DSC01504.JPG

Thanks whats nice about this old girl is it has an extended widebody and335's
on the back it can dead hook 700 to the wheels on R compound rubber it is'nt any good if you can't get it to the ground !!! I can run a bigger turbo but I find 700-750 at the wheel hp is about all you can hook up on the street I've played with a lot of the big HP Supras real fast on the big end but the sweet spot between 20-160 I got em

real nice vette too I bet its a lot of fun

Attachments

• tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
No Rich......that's just 'old' ! regardless it's cool !!!

Yep, she's fifty-five this year. And I think I am going to be old before she is finished being restored. Not doing the work myself. My hobby is driving, not restoring. The engine is actually from an XKE, originally a 2.8 liter, but it's been bored out to five liters! Should come in around 400 hp when all is finished. Brakes have been converted from drum to disc, for obvious reasons.

I would have kept her all original if I could have, but since I didn't get her with the original engine, I decided to have a little fun with the restoration. There were only about 350 of this particular model (XK 140 Open Two Seater) imported into the States that year, so she is a pretty rare car. She will be a daily driver as well as being autocrossed.

Back