What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems silly to have every State Legislature spend people's time and tax dollars debating and passing (or not) these laws every time some new technological advance comes along to distract drivers. Seems like there should just be a general law regarding driver distractions, and any behavior which presents a dangerous distraction while driving should be ticketable, from using cell phones, to reading maps or putting on makeup or eating food. As dangerous as automobiles are, it is ridiculous how lax people are about their responsibilities behind the wheel. I am speaking from the point of view of someone who was hit head on by a teenager reaching down to the floorboard to grab his dropped cell phone while driving. Had he been going faster, my wife and I could have easily been killed.

Agree 100% Rich. The make-up thing kills me (no pun intended).

sad thing is that here in BC Canada, the driving without due attention laws already exist. but that didn't seem to stop them from passing the cellphone laws.

Yep - outlawed here too - for at least 10 years now. It's a funny definition of "using a mobile", and it has created a very grey area about people using iPhones for sat navigation. Theoretically, you can be ticketed for using an iPhone (or other mobile) for nav.

It was a little worse than that. I know a guy, who knew a guy who got arrested for looking at a girl who was looking at a cell phone while driving.:D

You see what comes from looking at girls?

I tell you man, they are trouble! Like, really...:)

One of my other hobby is fine woodwork. Here are a few pics of my last project. Amp platform fomr my Pass Labs X350.5. It's solid White Maple. It weighs approx. 50lbs.

CustomMapleAmpPlatform-A.jpg

CustomMapleAmpPlatform-B.jpg

CustomMapleAmpPlatform-C.jpg

Designing diy stuff. Here is the case that I designed and make available for sale. It fits the Class D Audio stuff.

Attachments

• Front (600 x 402).jpg
    Front (600 x 402).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Rear (600 x 402).jpg
    Rear (600 x 402).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Rear Corner (600 x 402).jpg
    Rear Corner (600 x 402).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 147
  • Super D 4 ch (600 x 402).jpg
    Super D 4 ch (600 x 402).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Super D (600 x 402).jpg
    Super D (600 x 402).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 146
hobbies

I enjoy cooking, motorcycling, camping, loving, and listening to live music. As well as thinking, star gazing, and meditating.

I particularly like to cook Mexican food, I ride a Triumph Daytona 1200 and a Harley Street Rod, camp several times a year (usually go by bike), and hit concerts when I can (but now that I live in rural Japan that is almost never). I like cars but dont have the time or money to really get into it much anymore... current ride is a Benz E240 Brabus Wagon, no longer own a telescope so star gazing has been out in any serious kind of way, meditate when I find the power and have been loving with a vengeance at my love nest.

Ok time to take Photography a bit more seriously. Just upgraded my Nikon D60 to a used D300. Got a good deal on it from a friend and it has only 7000 clicks on it. Need to learn how to use this bad boy.

Attachments

• nikon_d300_05.jpg
    nikon_d300_05.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 52
One of my other hobby is fine woodwork. Here are a few pics of my last project. Amp platform fomr my Pass Labs X350.5. It's solid White Maple. It weighs approx. 50lbs.
]
It's a shame the Pass Labs detract from/overshadow the beauty of your stands, they are nice & I can see you've put some time & craftsmanship into them, congrats.

Latest posts

Back