How to mount a motif

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigcl

Reaction score
I have a widescreen TV on a stand (TV can't be wall mounted) and am trying to figure out how to best deal with the Motif I just got. I see 3 options:

1. Mount it above and behind the TV on the wall. Possible but given the proximity of a window Motif would have to be pretty high and close to the ceiling. Might look a little funny.

2. Place it on top of the TV. TV at top is 2" deep and I could place the stand there but it seems sort of a precarious place to put such an expensive speaker. Maybe there's a different mount I could use?

3. Place it in stand below TV. Would be about 3" off the floor. Maybe this is the best choice but it's sort of close to the floor.

Any guidance? What do most people here do?

Thanks,
Craig

4. Center Channel stand from VTI, Lovan, etc. Would place the center about 13" off the floor in front of your tv.

Personally I'd put it below the TV, provided sufficient space is available. As long as you angle it up toward the listener, I don't see it being a problem.

-Charlie

If it's at all feasible, I'd look for ways to jack up the TV and put the speaker under the TV. (My S.O. said she liked having TV a little higher as well.)

Latest posts

Back