Flashlight technique for ML setup on youtube!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I've encountered that a lot in the car audio world, too. When I was working for a small (5 store) retail chain in the DC area, I saw a number of "high end" companies have such obnoxiously high demands for monthly sales quotas, that smaller chains like ours couldn't handle them. They were catering themselves to the average big box store by doing this, and sadly, that was where they ended up being sold, and as such, most of these companies quickly developed a reputation as a mass produced product line, with quality going down the tube. They lost the "high end" reputation and correspondingly, their faithful following.

At least ML has maintained a quality product. It's just a bit harder to buy them now for some of us.

Vacuuming Panels

Oh, how about one showing the proper way to vacuum the stat panels AFTER unplugging them overnight.

Speaking of a video, which is a good idea by the way, but I was curious if anyone here at MLC has done definitive write up on proper technique for vacuuming one's panels.

I searched and found lots of references to vacuuming but not the right one, it may be there I just didn't see it.

Speaking of a video, which is a good idea by the way, but I was curious if anyone here at MLC has done definitive write up on proper technique for vacuuming one's panels.

I searched and found lots of references to vacuuming but not the right one, it may be there I just didn't see it.
Forgive my ignorance...I vacuumed my Vistas last night for the first time....and I thought it was quite straight-forward...is there more to it than just
unplug for 6hrs+
vacuum front
vacuum back
?

would make for a boring video I'd think!:D

It would be helpful to clarify a few things, such as emphasizing the speakers be unplugged overnight, how often suctioning is recommended (depends on dust/humidity environment), whether to use a nozzle with or without bristles (I use a soft-bristled hand attachment), and how much suction is sufficient (I suspect I'm opening a can of worms here :D).

It would be helpful to clarify a few things, such as emphasizing the speakers be unplugged overnight, how often suctioning is recommended (depends on dust/humidity environment), whether to use a nozzle with or without bristles (I use a soft-bristled hand attachment), and how much suction is sufficient (I suspect I'm opening a can of worms here :D).

These are the details that I was actually referring too. I have found sometimes that the obvious is not so obvious if done correctly.:D

For example does using a handheld attachment with bristles run the risk of damaging an older pair of panels versus a newer pair? Can you say brittle?

Actually, toe in or toe-out is all about balancing the direct vs reflected energy in the room.

My suggestion: JonFo (wait, that's me) needs to write a script and some graphics on 'how to fit your ML's to your room and how to fit your room to your ML's', then make a video out of it.

Jonathan, that sounds like a FAB idea. I'll just stand over here and hold the penlight for ya while you do all the heavy lifting on that end. Hey, I'm just tryin' to lend a hand. ;)

Latest posts

Back