Jim Power is RETIRING!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

It was recently announced that our dear friend Jim Power, the head of Customer Service at MartinLogan, is retiring at the end of March.

As many of us know, Jim is a person who has consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty to help us with our ML products.

I personally feel that Jim is a big reason why I've been a die hard fan of ML products... Way back when I first got my Sequels, he made sure the problems I was experiencing were solved quickly and with the utmost professionalism. That left me with a very warm and fuzzy feeling about my decision to buy speakers from a relatively new company.

The customer service dept is being left in the very capable hands of Melodie Brouhard, who has been working for ML for over a decade and has worked beside Jim for years and shares his same passion and commitment to ML customers.

Please take a minute or two and either post a "Thank You" here for Jim

Last edited:
Hello,
While I wish Jim the best and know he deserves the rest, this is terrible news for all who have had the pleasure of speaking and dealing with him. Jim was a Household Name in a Job Position where few are ever known about.

I would love to hear some good Martin Logan related News as everything announced of late has been less than positive. Perhaps some news about the Ethos and other Electrostatic Designs would take away some of the aggregated stings of recent events.
Cheers,
JJ

Jim

A HUGE "THANKS" for all you've done for so many of us -- and for Martin Logan over the years. I sincerely hope you will stay in touch with this community and become an active member of this forum.

You are truly one in a million! :bowdown:

Jim,

Thanks Jim for all of the help you have given me over a good number of years. We and ML will miss you.

I hope you have a pleasant and productive retirement.

Bob Willis

Thanks for all your help Jim, you'll be sorely missed. Whoever is replacing you has some big boots to fill.

Good luck going forward Jim. You have earned the respect of probably one of the toughest-to-please customer segments

Jim,

Thanks for all that you've done! NOW is the time for you to open your own service / repair business...panels, electronic rebuilds. Go for it!!!

Same here, Jim has always been one of the best and most helpful guys in the HiFi industry...

You will be missed!

Jim,

Thank you very much for your help. It has been wonderful to be able to contact directly someone who is so knowledgeable, helpful, and efficient. :bowdown:

Best wishes for your retirement. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses !

Sincerely,
Bernard

Jim, thank you for all of your help back in 1994ish. I still remember how you helped out this once struggling grad student, now a struggling architect.:cool:

Good luck in what ever you take on next in life.

Jim,

Thanks for all that you've done! NOW is the time for you to open your own service / repair business...panels, electronic rebuilds. Go for it!!!

Great idea Jason but hopefully he has planned for his retirement and wants to relax.

To add to the other comments, we've lost that intangible called "institutional Knowledge" as well as access to an outstanding human being. I trust Jim's replacement, having worked beside Jim for a decade, will serve us quite well.

GG

Last edited:
Great idea Jason but hopefully he has planned for his retirement and wants to relax.

GG
I think maybe he will have time now to listen to his own stereo. Melodie is super nice and helpful to be honest I almost prefer dealing with her anyway but they are both great. have a happy retirement Jim!

Last edited:
Thanks Jim for you help and over the top customer service. It was a pleasure talking to you while you solved a speaker problem for me. Enjoy the rest, you deserve it.
Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Jim,
While you may not remember my questions and issues (they were a big deal for me at the time) you were extremely helpfull and knowledgeble. You're years of knowledge and experience will be missed.

Good luck with your retirement.

Bob

Jim,

You are one of the big reasons that I progressed up through the Martin Logan product line.

When I had an issue or needed a part, you where there with a quick and helpful response.

It didn't matter if it was a Stylos, Logos, Fresco i or Summit, you took care of me quickly and professionally.

Thanks, I appreciated it and wish you all the best in your coming retirementt endeavors.:bowdown:

All the best for Jim. I've had some good dealings with Melodie too, so I can only hope this continues and is not the precursor to a change in official policy. (like - dare I say it - dropping support for products they have previously manufactured)!!

I had never had the pleasure to contact ML's customer service because no ML product I've ever had ever needed service! Based on comments from lots of others, though, Jim has had a glorious career and his great work will be remembered by all of us.

Congratulations on your career, the service you provided to others, and your retirement!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your retirement, Jim. Enjoy the break--you've earned it! :bowdown:

And congrats to Melodie, too, on her promotion!

Jim thank you for all the support and the quick reply to every email I sent you>

I hope you have a great time listening to your ML's all day long as a man of leisure.

I hope you enjoy your retirement years.

Regards, Larry

Latest posts

Back