Martin Logan Summit X and Krell Amplifiers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christosm

Reaction score
Hi
I am new in the forum. My name is Christos. I am re-making my Home Cinema audio with new equipment, that include:
- A pair of ML Summit X as front speakers
- A ML Stage as central speaker
- A pair of ML Vista as rear speakers
- A ML Descent i as subwoofer.

First Quastion:
For a listening/viewing area of 38.5 m2 (7m x 5.5m) do you think I need top speakers ? ( at htat case I would rather buy a pair of ML Voyage)

Second Quastion:
What do you believe about the matching of the above mentioned ML speakers with Kell Amplifiers (Krell Evolution 707 Surround Processor with cast connections with Evolution power amplifiers)

Third Quastion:
Is it true that the power amplifiers that are connected with MS speakers (mainly Summit X) shouldn't be bigger than 300 wats?

Thank you for your time

Hi
I am new in the forum. My name is Christos. I am re-making my Home Cinema audio with new equipment, that include:
- A pair of ML Summit X as front speakers
- A ML Stage as central speaker
- A pair of ML Vista as rear speakers
- A ML Descent i as subwoofer.

First Quastion:
For a listening/viewing area of 38.5 m2 (7m x 5.5m) do you think I need top speakers ? ( at htat case I would rather buy a pair of ML Voyage)
Welcome . No the Summits will do fine as fronts and 2 channel,
Second Quastion:
What do you believe about the matching of the above mentioned ML speakers with Kell Amplifiers (Krell Evolution 707 Surround Processor with cast connections with Evolution power amplifiers)

Krell is likitless with power. The Martin Logans love clean power. The CAST IC are a real improvement. I run Krell and contrary to popular belief they are warm and colorful amps.

Third Quastion:
Is it true that the power amplifiers that are connected with MS speakers (mainly Summit X) shouldn't be bigger than 300 wats?

Power will not kill speakers, especially clean Class A power of Krell

Thank you for your time

Good luck and welcome!

Hello,
Christos,
You have the makings of a fantastic HT. I too use Vista's for Surrounds and really think it makes a huge difference using full sized ML's for Surrounds.
I also use a Stage Center Channel and instead of Summits, use Vantages. In addition, I use a Depth Subwoofer as opposed to the Descent i you are considering. All I can say is my HT is brought me a great amount of joy.

Krell Evolution is really fantastic stuff and I too have never found Krell to sound cold in the slightest. Especially the upper level Krell. Some of the less expensive Krell gear I have not been impressed with. But the Class A Components are awesome.
Cheers,
JJ

Chris,

I'd definitely put weight into what CAP has to say but it's always best to demo before you buy, preferably in your own home. If you can't do that, perhaps you can get a 30 day money back guarantee.

Krell gear seems to have garnered quite the disparity in opinions. I've read alot of comments about Krell gear sounding on the parched (read dry / two dimensional) side of the audio equation with a controlled, but less than involving, low end.

My sense is that it is likely model dependent.

Good luck.

Back