preface hiss

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojomtn

Reaction score
When watching direcTV, I notice my left preface has a hissing sound at high frequencies at around +2db coming from the ATF. But when I use a different source such as DVD/CD its not present even beyond +5db. It must be bad signal then right? Could it be a defect since its only the left? If its not a defect how do you prevent it aside from turning down the volume? Anyone with the same experience?

Last edited:
When watching direcTV, I notice my left preface has a hissing sound at high frequencies at around +2db coming from the ATF. But when I use a different source such as DVD/CD its not present even beyond +5db. It must be bad signal then right? Could it be a defect since its only the left? If its not a defect how do you prevent it aside from turning down the volume? Anyone with the same experience?

Hola...your new Prefase reveals the incoming signal easy. If the signal is hissing, then your ATF speakers will do it too. If you are not too sure if you have a speaker problem, just swap the channels and listen again. The ATF is very sensitive and will show easy the quality of the signal. You will soon, be listening things that you never did before, you will be re-discovering all your records and music. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back