Hello from Maryland, USA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticeyes

Reaction score
Good day to all from the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

I've a pair of Monolith IIs from 1986-87 driven by a Krell power amp and Threshold preamp. Basically, a system that was up to date more than 20 years ago, except that the Monoliths were upgraded with series III panels in the mid 90s. I've had so much fun in my life with these speakers, they are among my favorite objects of all time, and they still look really, really beautiful! I just joined this forum because I need to replace the woofers and maybe (a big maybe) go with active crossovers. Other than that, I have no plans to listen to anything with more than 2 channels, I like vinyl but do own lots of CDs and do like the convenience of listening to flac files over the network, and I couldn't care less about tee-vee sound. I hope to have more fun and to learn a lot here!

Lenny

Last edited:
Lenny,

Welcome to the club! Please post some pictures of your system.

hi lenny, i love it near the bay, i worked around there for 4 yrs and loved it...give or take the humidity in the summer.

welcome!

Where do you live?

I live in Crofton, MD and we have a few other members that live in and around MD...I smell another DC/MD/PA gathering!!

Erik

P.S. Welcome aboard!

Where do you live?

I live in Crofton, MD and we have a few other members that live in and around MD...I smell another DC/MD/PA gathering!!

Erik

P.S. Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Hanover, MD (one exit below BWI).

/john

Last edited:
Welcome, from the desolation of Lexington Park, MD. where we have to import sunlight!:D

Gordon

Thanks for welcoming me to the club, everyone. I'm in Edgewater, about 5 miles (as the bluefish swims) south of Annapolis, a stone's throw from the Rhode River. I live here because my sea kayaks picked the place :music:.

Sweet. I work near the Bay Bridge and live off of College Parkway.

I am moving to Crofton at the end of March (just bought a house). Glad to see that there's another ML owner nearby!!

Erik

l:welcome: from Severna Park.

Sounds like some nice equipment you have there. This is definitely the place to have fun and learn a lot - its a very knowledgeable bunch who are always willing to enlighten.

Welcome to the club. Look in the tweak thread. There is an extensive message exactly about what you want to do.

Latest posts

Back