Sequel II low-output problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peregrin

Reaction score
I just bought a used pair of Sequel IIs and noticed that there is no difference in the sound when they are unplugged vs. plugged in. (The screen and woofers work, just low ouput) The mylar was replaced by a Martin Logan dealer about 2 1/2 or 3 years ago. The fuses are ok. I also checked my amp (B&K Reference 2220) with a different set of speakers; it is fine also. I'm not sure what to check next.

Clean and re-fluid the mylar?

Replace caps etc?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

The panels will retain electrostatic charge for many minutes (even hours) after being unplugged.

How long between plugged in and unplugged did you allow?
If more than 24 hrs, then you have a problem.

If less than an hour, then you don't.

sequel II

Email Jim Powers at Martin Logan and he will tell you what test's to run. I am sure he will have an answer for you. good luck.

Jonathan,

I did what you suggested and left them unplugged for 24+hrs. This worked, the charge completely dissipated and no sound/very little sound came from the mylar. Big difference when I plugged them back in.

I listened to a pair of Vistas in a Tweeter store a while back, they seemed to be much louder and robust than mine. The Vistas were plugged into a receiver (Yamaha or Denon) at about 110w, if I remember correctly. I would have thought the Sequels plugged into a B&K Reference (220 X 2) amp would have at least been similar.

Is the B&K amp simply not a good match for the Sequels?

Khenegar,
I will email Jim Powers as well and get his input.

Thanks for all your help.

Is the B&K amp simply not a good match for the Sequels?

It would not be my first choice, but one would think 220WPC would be enough.

Borrow (or buy used) a Sunfire amp and it will be night and day.

Back