Acoustishade

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
Has anyone used something similar?

What is the Wife Acceptance Factor rating?

Acoustishade
http://www.hometheaterdesignmag.com/100709stewart/
Stewart Filmscreen is branching out.............................Windows are typically a home cinema's weakest link, due to light and sound leakage. Black-out shades are hardly new but the Acoustishade is the only black-out window treatment that also combines noise filtration, too. The AcoustiShade is comprised of three main elements: a sound attenuating blackout layer that keeps light and exterior noise from entering the display area, a perforated decorative fabric that reduces resonance, and an air space with proven acoustical benefits. In fact, the noise reduction allows technicians to calibrate audio systems more accurately.

Stewart.Acoustishade.jpg

A buddy of mine recently got divorced and bought a new house and just last week set up a World Class Home Theater system with a Sony projector on a 100 inch screen and an all Paradigm 7.1 speaker system in his new house.

He just had Acoustishades installed on all the windows in the theater room and he says that when his ex-wife comes over he just pulls down the Acoustishades and fires up the HT and he swears that he can neither see nor hear her yelling at him from the yard.

According to him they work really, really well on both sight and sound and they look pretty good too. Unfortunately she through a rock through the window, but they didn't stop the rock:D

It was his fault though, he taught her how to play 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'.

Only from the outside! If she had been inside she would have thrown the rocks directly at him and left the acoustishades alone:D

Okay seriously, I have these in my theater room. They have a valance which hides the units when not in use. They are available in more than one color, mine are white, but then so are the theater walls.

They are about 3/4 of an inch thick with a air chamber, so they are substancial and since my wife picked the color out and we have used them for some time now, I would say WAF is high.

I know, I know, theater walls are suppose to be dark or black, but due to low WAF for dark I had to go light or white which in turn explains the white acoustishades and the happy WAF, I mean wife.

what do they do about light bleed around the sides and bottom?

and if i can be so bold - what do the blinking things cost?

At least on mine, there is a track down each side that holds the Accoustishade in place, it does not allow any light bleed around the edges. As for the bottom, the is a small wooden lip that when the shade is pulled all the way down, there is no bleed there either.

When properly installed these things work as advertised and they do keep the light and somewhat the sound out.

Back