Question about hooking up Purity's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbes2702

Reaction score
So I work in Magnolia but I just had a quick question about how best to hook up the Purity's. Obviously using the line level is best for them but could you hook them up with both line level and speaker wire and essentially bi amp them that way? Would that be good for the speakers? Also we considered running line level inputs to the dynamo and then out to the speakers. Would this be better?

So I work in Magnolia but I just had a quick question about how best to hook up the Purity's. Obviously using the line level is best for them but could you hook them up with both line level and speaker wire and essentially bi amp them that way? Would that be good for the speakers? Also we considered running line level inputs to the dynamo and then out to the speakers. Would this be better?

You can not use an external amplifier to drive them, you can not by-pass their built in amplifier. They are design for Ipods or computers music with no amplifier. You do not need an amplifier to drive them...but, you can use and external amplifier, the quality of the sound of that particular amplifier is going to be reproduced by the amp built in them. Some customers are using this array and reports better sound. The connection to the Dynamo will not affect by anyway your Purity sound. Hope this might help...happy listening,
Roberto.

I am currently using the speaker level connections with my Purity speakers. I have tried the line level (RCA) connections. Although the sensitivity is higher at the line level, i prefer the speaker level based on the cables that I am currently using- MIT Terminator 2. I am arranging to try a comparable set of MIT RCA cables, so, time will tell.

Terry.

Back