"Bi-amping" question... should I do it?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are interested in trying out Multi-channel on your own system, I would be willing to do the following.

If you buy Beatles Love in DVD Audio and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon (the 30th Anniversary Edition) in SACD. I will provide you with a Audiophile grade McCormack UDP-1 with inter connects so you can hook it up and play with it for a couple of weeks. I will even give you a test disc and a decibel meter so you can dial your system in to the sweet spot. These two discs are capable of demonstrating what the best of MCH music can be IMHO.

Then if after a couple weeks if you decide that multi-channel is not for you, and that is okay, some people can't handle it.:D

And if you decide that you would like to go the bi-amp route for two channel, then no problem. I will buy your Beatles Love Disc and Dark Side of the Moon Disc from you at whatever cost you paid.

I will take back my McCormack UDP-1 and inter-connects and you will be out nothing but your time.

At that point, I will even give you a demo on my CLX 5.1 music only system, just in case you weren't able to achieve on your system what it takes to become addicted to MCH. But whatever you decide is up to you.

I live on Morse but work at Interactive Intelligence, so I drive by where you work every day, twice a day, so dropping off a Universal Disc Player would be no problem at all.

You can PM me and let me know if you do or don't, no need to air our dirty laundry in front of all these guys:D

You mean MCH is so good that it makes you soil yourself? :)

Yes it does, and I finally figured out why the wife leaves me alone to listen to my music, the MCH sound is great, but there is a slight odor issue:D

Yes it does, and I finally figured out why the wife leaves me alone to listen to my music, the MCH sound is great, but there is a slight odor issue:D
And the difference between humor and odor is that humor is a shift of wit.

At that point, I will even give you a demo on my CLX 5.1 music only system, just in case you weren't able to achieve on your system what it takes to become addicted to MCH. But whatever you decide is up to you.

I wish that i lived in Fishers, IN!! CLX 5.1 :music: WOW!

Porcupine Tree's Lighthouse Sun may be a good intro to 5.1; not too intense. Or maybe Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos if intensity is your friend.

I agree with you on the virtues of listening in surround, although i listen mostly in 2.1. If an artist releases in 5.1 i have faith in their production choice and like to take advantage of the offering.

I wish that i lived in Fishers, IN!! CLX 5.1 :music: WOW!

Porcupine Tree's Lighthouse Sun may be a good intro to 5.1; not too intense. Or maybe Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos if intensity is your friend.

I agree with you on the virtues of listening in surround, although i listen mostly in 2.1. If an artist releases in 5.1 i have faith in their production choice and like to take advantage of the offering.

I have all of Porcupine Tree 5.1 offerrings and the latest is due to ship next week, 'The Incident'.

I also have some of Steve Wilsons other stuff like Insurgentes. But I have not heard of Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos.

I am off to find it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back