I suggest a group order of panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raanan17

Reaction score
To be carried out through the auspices of this forum directly to ML,before the supply dries up.I,personally,would be interested in a pair of panels for CLSs.
Raanan

im in for a set of panels for sequel II they quoted me 650 do you think if we get a few together they may give us a discount?

That was my idea,a reduction for a quantity purchase

im in for a set of panels for sequel II they quoted me 650 do you think if we get a few together they may give us a discount?

I think that the powers that be on this forum will be doing a public service,including to themselves,if they look into the matter.
Raanan

Panels

I'd be interested as well.

Frankly, I fear for the future of a brand that appears to be under pressure to make changes, at a time when it is in sales record setting mode. Makes you wonder if it's a viable offering at all. On the other hand, moving production to Canda cannot be considered a cost cutting move...

Interesting move, to say the least.

Actually, I should probably order a set of Sequel II panels as well in case they go and I can't get anything out of Canada, eh!

Actually, I should probably order a set of Sequel II panels as well in case they go and I can't get anything out of Canada, eh!

Mark how would you describe the difference in sound between your summits and the Sequel II ? thanks, larry

Maybe Justin just dropped that little bombshell to freak everybody out so they would buy up a bunch of panels :devil::devil::devil:

To be carried out through the auspices of this forum directly to ML,before the supply dries up.I,personally,would be interested in a pair of panels for CLSs.
Raanan
If they are not going to sell the panels anymore what makes you think they'll service any other part of the speaker in the future.

???? Don't understand your post. Please explain. Thanks

I'm just saying if you we're buying the panels for future use what good will it do to have a spare set of panels if you can't have the rest of the speaker serviced if need be. They said they would not support the older models I'm assuming that means the whole speaker not just panel replacement.

If the Sequel II panels work with the original Sequel's I could be in on this deal.

I'm not worried about the other parts so much, the x-overs can be rebuilt and recapped as needed, I have spare woofers.

Craig

A good technician can work on the electronics if necessary

I'm just saying if you we're buying the panels for future use what good will it do to have a spare set of panels if you can't have the rest of the speaker serviced if need be. They said they would not support the older models I'm assuming that means the whole speaker not just panel replacement.

Without panels- you can throw the frames away,and the resale value becomes a very round figure,which can not be divided by any other number.
I had hoped to have my CLSs outlive me.

If you can't get anything out of Canada, I personally will buy a pair and drive them to you in Atlanta !

For a price of course, eh ! :devil:

yep. makes more sense to sell the speakers...this is no different then ML going out of business. See Ya!

That raises an interesting question. What would the shelf life be of a pair of replacement panels that remained packed away? How long could they sit in storage and still function perfectly? There has to be some deterioration eventually, even if they are not being used, right?

What would the shelf life be of a pair of replacement panels that remained packed away?

I believe indefinite. The panels are ruined by environmental pollution. As long as they are not exposed to dust or smoke they should last indefinitely. The same goes for when they are in service - if they are operating in a hospital-clean environment then again, they should last forever. YMMV.

panel life

I disagree. I believe they have a finite lifespan. I just replaced 12 year old SL3 panels and the difference was impressive. Another question would be is what is the shelf life of an unused panel?

I'd be interested in a possible group buy as well. I'm looking for an extra set of Odyssey panels.

Back