Surrounds for Ascent i fronts (Script is and/or Fresco is)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juan N Only

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I am considering my options for surrounds to go with Ascent i front speakers. Because Amazon currently has the discontinued Fresco i on sale for 50%, I'm considering getting a set of four. However, I'm also considering buying used Script is. The problem I have with my HT room is that the back wall is all windows. I'm wondering if I would be able to mount the Scripts on the casing between windows (about 5" wide) or if I would need stands. I'm also wondering if the rear and side surrounds should match or if I would be able to use Scripts for rears and Frescos for sides. What do you think? Thanks.

Juan

First off, my opinion is if you're going to have panels for surrounds, only have panels for surrounds....just my .02

Second, the mounting bracket for Script i's is only 4" wide so the bracket should be OK, but depending on your window framing you may need to place a spacer of some sort to bring the speaker out away from the wall a bit.

Good luck!

Dan

Hello, all.

I am considering my options for surrounds to go with Ascent i front speakers. Because Amazon currently has the discontinued Fresco i on sale for 50%, I'm considering getting a set of four. However, I'm also considering buying used Script is. The problem I have with my HT room is that the back wall is all windows. I'm wondering if I would be able to mount the Scripts on the casing between windows (about 5" wide) or if I would need stands. I'm also wondering if the rear and side surrounds should match or if I would be able to use Scripts for rears and Frescos for sides. What do you think? Thanks.

Juan

Thats quite a deal on the frescoes.

I have 4 scripts and they are fantastic. They sound remarkably similar to my Summits when i play then two channel - truly sound like little brothers of the Summit. same sound, just less full and of course much less bass. my familiarity with them would lead me to say that frescoes cant match the scripts. I have heard both but not in the same environment.

5" is tight for installing scripts. going by memory, it will also be pretty tight for frescoes. The bracket might fit but the speakers might overlap the window frame which doesnt look too cool. if it will help you, i can measure the bracket width and speaker width of my scripts later tonight.

The frescoes are less "in your face" than the scripts - if that important to you. Hard to go wrong either way. I just personally like the truly E-stat sound of scripts. I am convinced the only reason ML discontinued them is because they are so damn big for so many installations

I have Clarities for the rears, and Frescos for the sides. I can highly recommend getting the Fresco i's for your rears and sides. That's a great deal on a great speaker. Also, I can recommend the stands. They are well-built and much easier and more flexible than wall mounting, I think.

Back