Support/Panels for older models may discontinue eventually.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclone

Reaction score
Support/Panels for some older models will discontinue over time.

Originally Posted by -justin-
Yes we will continue to provide replacement panels for some older models (just like we do now), but as time moves forward we simply can't support EVERY model, especially the older ones.

Just thought this bit of insight from Justin of Martin Logans marketing department warrants it's own thread.

Last edited:
Yes it does - it is extraordinarily serious, unexpected and to my opinion, unwarranted.

I think I have said everything in the ML Production Moving thread.

In addition, resale value of used logans will be $0 if there is no confidence in them being servicable in the future.

Last edited:
I agree that this issue does warrant its own thread. I applaud Justin for engaging MLC members (and lurkers) in discussion about the future of ML, but I do hope that we can impress upon the current ownership that the special commitment to supporting customers well beyond the initial purchase has been a critical factor in the experience of owning ML speakers, whether the owner is a member of this forum or not. This bit of news is a prime example of why some of us have expressed concern, to varying degrees, about the future direction of ML.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have been trying to find an Interview I remember reading of Jim Power which discussed keeping parts for all Legacy Models. I am almost positive it was in Stereophile.
Cheers,
ML

Hello,
I have been trying to find an Interview I remember reading of Jim Power which discussed keeping parts for all Legacy Models. I am almost positive it was in Stereophile.
Cheers,
ML

It might be worth ML's while to consider an outsource agreement with a "trusted" third party provider for legacy ML parts (perhaps even Paradigm!). This way resources can be directed toward the future, without cutting off support for legacy models.

Assuming Mr. Power made a comment as described, I'm sure it was true at that time.

This company is now on life support.

Yes we will continue to provide replacement panels for some older models (just like we do now), but as time moves forward we simply can't support EVERY model, especially the older ones.

Just thought this bit of insight from Justin of Martin Logans marketing department warrants it's own thread.

Imagine QUAD coming out with such a notice.

Justin if you're out there can you elaborate on this statement? When, why, which models?

Originally Posted by Mark Linkous
Hello,
For our Members with Legacy Models, would it be possible to find out which Models will no longer have Replacement Panels available?
Cheers,
ML

I will find out details and let you know as soon as I know.

~Justin

I for one am waiting anxiously to find out which models will and for how long...I have been putting off purchasing panels for my ReQuests for awhile now, so if I have to come up with an extra grand somewhere soon I need to know.

Dan

Back