Vantage...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did my do to you? Everyone has the right to their opinion, mine,

To be honest, I prefer the new look. before they were too big. And the wood trim, So 80's. I find the sound exceptional. I have to say that they sound better at home then at the dealers. I thaught they sounded really good with my av receiver, but after installing an amp, the sound quality just got better. then I added the spikes and the sound became unreal. Now i listen to music so much that I don't watch tv anymore.

Hey you are the consumer, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Buy something else.

boutrosa said:
What did my do to you? Everyone has the right to their opinion, mine,

To be honest, I prefer the new look. before they were too big. And the wood trim, So 80's. I find the sound exceptional. I have to say that they sound better at home then at the dealers. I thaught they sounded really good with my av receiver, but after installing an amp, the sound quality just got better. then I added the spikes and the sound became unreal. Now i listen to music so much that I don't watch tv anymore.

Hey you are the consumer, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Buy something else.
i did, have sl3 which blows the vantage away.

Jeff Zaret said:
Like many things in life opinions are just that, an opinion. Right or wrong they are there and you agree or not. I will not comment further on this.
Agreed!!!! nuf said:D

Maybe…………………………….
This to calm down and not be so antagonistic. There are those here who like myself, have had many years of experience and value to add. It does all come down to what the individual feels is the best for him/her in their environment and budget.
All we can offer is qualified opinions based on experience over time. The difference between equipment, accessories and room acoustics are something no one can predict but only “tune” to ones taste.
What is offered here is friendly advice and opinions based on experience not just conjecture or speculation based on emotional outburst. We are all at different levels within our own journey through audio and home theater environments. Where one stops along the way is their own comfort place for that individual and no one should question whether it is right or wrong.

Jeff :eek:

ovature said:
Evryone hears differently. The extended mid and highs you hear are irritating to me and enhance edgyness in bad recordings. I much prefer the sound of my SL 3 or the Ascent i as it has a "chesty" sound in the mids that is lacking across the new line. The works better with my Mac gear. Extended highs and bass make a speaker sound like Hi-Fi in some cases (especially bass; bass doesn't sound big and boomy in real life). IMO, the new design looks cheap and I was able to bust the veneer off a corner with my fingernail without even trying.

Does anyone else care that you lie about things on here?

I'd love to see proof of you lifting the veneer with your fingernail. Go take pictures of this phenom. I'm so tired of hearing you rag on everything and acting like an angst ridden teenager. Your lying has nothing to do with sharing opinions, its lying.

Back