Pretty Neat Article Discussing Using Non ESL CC with ESL's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungle Jack

Reaction score
Hello,
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity and a pretty interesting article about using a Paradigm CC with Stats:http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/home...r-channel-speaker-and-two-electrostatics.html

Given that ML CC's use Dome Tweeters for HF due to size constraints, the idea of using a non ESL CC does not seem absurd to me.

I am happy with my Stage. I just thought this was an interesting subject from a Website that gave a rave review to the Spire.
Cheers,
ML

While not absurd, it is vastly sub-optimal IMHO.

But then, I've always had a thing about good center channel performance :D

I lived with Mirage's top-of-line center back when I first got my Sequels back in the early nineties, and the diff when I got a martinLogan Logos was night-and-day. And the Logos is not that great a CC (my standards keep going up over time).

So even if compromised compared to what I've done for a CC, I still think a Stage is a better tonal match for most folks on this forum.

Although one would be surprised how well Audyssey is able to get speakers to tonally match once well calibrated. I attribute the room correction overlay for making that a livable arrangement for the article author.

To each his own, at least he has the right preamp ;)

Which ESLs is he using for mains?

ML should put a few more dollars into the (plastic soft-dome) tweeter in the Stage (and probably the woofers too), but I suppose it still wouldn't play any louder....

Is it a coincidence that an article combining a Paradigm speaker with ESL's in a home theater setup appears about the same time that Martin Logan is merging with Paradigm?

The article goes into a lot of detail about the Paradigm center channel speaker but never once mentions anything about the ESLs, no mention of what ESL center it replaced, nor does it even mention the brand name of the ESLs. What are those anyway? This article looks suspicious to me and comes off as a "plug" for the center channel.

Last edited:
Is it a coincidence that an article combining a Paradigm speaker with ESL's in a home theater setup appears about the same time that Martin Logan is merging with Paradigm?

I agree, Craig. That was my first thought when I read this as well.

I have never understood why ML doesn't put more effort into creating a better ESL center channel. I think the use of the dome tweeter is a complete copout.

Last edited:
Hello,
I thought about that too, but they look like they are using Sound Lab's and not Martin Logans.
That being said, I never underestimate "Corporate Synergy"
Cheers,
ML

I have not heard that expensive Paradigm center.. all I can say by looking at it though is that thing looks hideous and cheaply made for sure! yikes
I guess we are all spoiled by looking at our gorgeous ML speakers every day!! :ROFL:

Latest posts

Back