Finishing the Basement and Moving My ML Set-up!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yang1815

Reaction score
Well, about two weeks ago, my basement finishing construction started. The finish date is mid-April. I currently have a pair of MLs hooked up to an Anthem hybrid amp from a Denon receiver. I will be moving that into the basement and adding a Mirage 10 inch-sub to it for a 2.1.

To replace the main level system, I had just ordered a Mirage Uni-Theater three channel sound bar, another Denon receiver, and a Klipsch 10-inch sub! Can't wait!!! :rocker:

Am I making the right decision? The basement space is bigger than the main living room so I figure I'll put the MLs down there with the nicer sub.

I did the exact same thing 2 years ago making a dedicated soundproof soundroom. I wish I had done it years ago.Hopefully, you are incorporating soundproofing into the room while you buid it.

And having a room just for gthis means you can do any acoustic treatments without regards to WAF.

I did the exact same thing 2 years ago making a dedicated soundproof soundroom. I wish I had done it years ago.Hopefully, you are incorporating soundproofing into the room while you buid it.

And having a room just for gthis means you can do any acoustic treatments without regards to WAF.

Ah nah it's not a dedicated sound room. It's more just a living room in the basement. Although with the layout of the room, I will get a full wall behind the MLs and since I am mounting a flat screen on the wall, I am confident that my MLs will sound even better than they are upstairs. Plus with the addition of a 10 inch sub, I will enjoy it more watching TV/movies!

Back