ML Cls I and YBA2

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afico

Reaction score
hello guys,
i am a new happy owner of the wonderful CLS.
Now i would have a lot of questions for you experts..but the first is:

do you think that my YBA2 combination is fine in driving those beasts?
I am asking that because at louder volumes i have a problem in low bass frequenicies..it is a sort of mono bass note rattling on the floor that disappears when the frequency goes a bit up..
Can you help me?

hello guys,
i am a new happy owner of the wonderful CLS.
Now i would have a lot of questions for you experts..but the first is:

do you think that my YBA2 combination is fine in driving those beasts?
I am asking that because at louder volumes i have a problem in low bass frequenicies..it is a sort of mono bass note rattling on the floor that disappears when the frequency goes a bit up..
Can you help me?

Hola...the CLSs are not too good at low frequencies, so my advise is that a sub is a must, specially when you play them at high level. That rattle could be due to amplifier´s saturation or your speaker can not handle that specific low notes. Your CLSs are a wonderful speakers and are very electronics dependent. Room acoustic treatment and the right placement of them also plays a very big improvement in the overall sound. I am also a CLS owner and really took me some time to have them singing in my room, and they do sing!!! Happy listening,
Roberto.

Muchas gracias Roberto :)

well do you have any suggestion about the positioning? Maybe some photo as i don't understand what does "toe-in" mean in italian..:ROFL:

Afico, Toe in is when the speakers are set on an angle so that they are point more directly at you when you are in your listening position.

You can find much information on set up by using the search at the bottom of the page here.
Also if you don't have the original manual for CLS's it is available as a free down load at the Martin Logan Company web site. It will give you good information on your speakers.

CAP (member here) posted an extensive thread on setting up CLS's. Here is the link to it.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7618

Let us know how your set up works out and ask questions if needed.

thank you very much!
i am making good progress in my setup..mow the stage is clearer!
i also need to understand which kind of spikes to use..if i use in the rear the shorter rounded ones the speakers are more tilted back,,if i use the longest ones the speakers are in a let's say "standard" position
Which should be the normal position..tilted or not?

thank you very much!
i am making good progress in my setup..mow the stage is clearer!
i also need to understand which kind of spikes to use..if i use in the rear the shorter rounded ones the speakers are more tilted back,,if i use the longest ones the speakers are in a let's say "standard" position
Which should be the normal position..tilted or not?
Hola...all depends of your room acoustics. In my case, I use my CLSs tilted to theirs back. I have better high frequency information, and a super nice stage!...just trust your ears, and choose the position that you liked most. Count the turns, and listen. You can hear one turn. Just listen the stage, and try new position. On the other hand, room acoustics is a must too. All depends of your room. When you have about 1 meter away of their back wall, you can tune for better bass...just move them 10 cms back and listen...do the same moving then to the front. Use one third of the inner panel facing your seating position. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back