Stage as center with Spires?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC-Audiophile

Reaction score
I have a pair of Spires and have been my older non-ML center to good use. However, I'm thinking of possibly upgrading my center to a Stage for consistency in sound quality.

I only use the center channel when watching movies or some of the new TV shows broadcast in 5.1. Otherwise I have a great center channel "illusion" created by my Spires in 2-channel mode.

For those who own, or have owned the Stage with Spires or similar, I would like to hear your opinions.

One last thought on the subject. My current center is a conventional box with tweeter and 2 mid-woofers. It has wider dispersion characteristics than the 30 degrees ML speakers (including the Stage) have. Therefore, might it make sense to keep what I have in order to allow multiple people to enjoy the center channel voice/music tracks? I tend to listen to music solo in the sweet spot, but movies with friends and family.

As always, actual experience is preferred over hypothesis! ;)

Many thanks!

ANDREW

the stage is perfect with the spires just go for it you will be happy.

Hello,
Without question, the Stage is the way to go. I personally use the Stage with my Vantages and really have enjoyed it greatly. Prior, I was using the Cinema i with my Vantages and really think the Stage added greatly to my HT experience.
Cheers,
ML

what I like about the stage is it sounds so fast and does everything with ease. it seems to be built very well built and looks like it fits my spire very nicely.

Back