Custom Stands for CLS, Magneplanars, Apogees, etc.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
The question of where to get stands for the CLS comes up so often that I thought I would post this:

In the March issue of TAS there is a letter to the editor commenting on their review in the January issue of stands for Magneplanars. The stands look somewhat like the ones Chris (C.A.P.) built for the CLS.

In the letter to the editor the writer states that TAS ommitted an important piece of info in their review, specifically that the guy who makes the stands can also make custom stands for other speakers, and that he made some for the writer's Apogee Duettas (you listening, Justin?).

Here is the contact info for the guy (who lives in RichTeer territory):

Grant VanderMye
Mye Sound
315 Eugene Road
Kelowna, B.C.
Canada
V1X 2M3
myesound.com

I hear you Bernard. Not surprised about the Maggie owners being happy, reading the testimonials. I always thought the stock stands looked very feable.

Looks as though this guy produces a good product. And it would be nice to add another country's input into the Duetta equation. I would have thought some triangular type of rear support that rises further up the rear of the speaker would do better than the stock stands. One English guy has made his own and literally bolted his Stage's to the floor.

I might send him an e-mail. But with import tax & duties, it'd be hard for him to be competitive here. You never know until you ask, though.

Thanks for the thought.

and about 3 hours from me... and i have CLS, and i want stands but thought i'd have to build them myself. hmmmm. THANK YOU Bernard!!

I have talked to Grant several times about making a pair of stands for my CLSIIA's. He said that he needs to go measure them to able to make stands.

If someone up there was close enough to get a speaker to him, or maybe he could come over to measure them, I'm sure he could do it.

He sure sounded like he could do it, once he got the measurements.

Latest posts

Back