Surround speakers...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigcl

Reaction score
I have a pair of Vistas for my fronts and will be getting a Grotto or Depth for a sub and likely a Matinee for the center (maybe a Feature). For the sides I'll likely get Helos 20.

But the rear surrounds are a tough one - I can't do "in-wall" speakers so I am looking at Frescos, Vignettes, or Encores. I've done some searching around and beyond the notion that the Encores are currently being sold and the Frescos and Vignettes are discountinued I don't see a compelling reason for one over the others.

Is there a reason to choose one over the others?

Thanks in advance...

A thought the Encores...

The official price is $499, but amazon.com is currently selling them for $202.96, and it's not that long since they first appeared. That suggests they're not going to be around much longer after the Motions come out. Now: does that make them a $500 speaker for $200, or were they really a $200 speaker for $500?

I'd been considering the Encores, but now I think I'll wait for the Motions.

To any professional reviewers out there: I've seen no reviews of the Encore; perhaps that wasn't a bad thing. But please consider reviewing the Motion 4's.

Surround Speakers

I have a pair of Vistas for my fronts and will be getting a Grotto or Depth for a sub and likely a Matinee for the center (maybe a Feature). For the sides I'll likely get Helos 20.

But the rear surrounds are a tough one - I can't do "in-wall" speakers so I am looking at Frescos, Vignettes, or Encores. I've done some searching around and beyond the notion that the Encores are currently being sold and the Frescos and Vignettes are discountinued I don't see a compelling reason for one over the others.

Is there a reason to choose one over the others?

Thanks in advance...

Before investing in non ESL surrounds, you might search out a used pair of Scripts which can be wall mounted. I have used these successfully with Ascent-i's and Summits. They are similarly voiced. These come up occasionally on the internet audio websites like Audiogon and might be a great bargain.

Back