Subwoofers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tah800

Reaction score
Thinking of adding a couple of subwoofers to my HT I presently have Carver Amazings for the fronts the theater i for my center and Scripts for the rears. I have plenty of power a pair of monoblock Silver 9t's at 550 a side and the Sunfire Grand Signature 2 at 425x5. A powered sub would therefore not be necessary. Thxs Art

It's pretty hard to find some passive subs these days. If your crafty you could try building some kits via Parts Express or look into some VMPS models.

I'm going that route myself.

I have an ML Dynamo sub (does anyone else's spell checker not recognize the word "subwoofer"?), which I love for most music, i.e. music that doesn't contain cannon shots. It reaches down into the "felt, not heard" frequencies, but it bottoms on some action movie LFEs. So I'm doing a pair of my own sealed-box units using the 12" Dayton dual voice coil DVC310-88 from Parts Express, to be powered by my old Adcom GFA-545. I hope to have the first one teething on cannon shots and Bach organ pedals sometime this coming week. Maybe I'll post more details and construction pix under DIY later on.

Back