New Member / Newbie Question - Amplifier

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fvbruin - thanks for the information / welcome...sounds very similar indeed. I have heard a lot of great things about the B&K as well as the Rotel (ran across them during my research phase of my purchase). I ended up purchasing a Sunfire 5200. Regardless thanks again for the input.

Just to make you feel a little better, I demoed a rotel directly
to a sunfire signature grand. I purchased the sunfire

timm - excellent, I purchased the amp based on recommendations & reviews only and have yet to listen. Good to hear from yet another satisfied Sunfire owner. Thx.

I know i am late coming into the discussion but i want to congratulate you on the Sunfire purchase and welcome you to the group. But i really want to wish you the best of luck in controlling your inner audio beast you are feeding. I think everyone here has some experience with that demon:D.

This group was helpful in my decision to purchase the 5200. Great choice! I have been very pleased with the results. It is incredible how cool it runs and how much power it seems to generate.

There is an older thread that discussed speaker "thumping" when the amp is engaged. I experienced the same when the amp was turned off. Just set it up so the amp turns on and off automatically and it should not be a problem. BTW, it takes some time to shut off while idling, which is normal.

Enjoy the journey.

TomD - thanks a lot. Great information regarding the amp, I will definitely keep that in mind and have a look at the thread regarding the thumping.

<sigh>....the beast...what more can I say, some days are better than others but most days it stays hungry / out of control!

Thx again.

Back