Cardas RCA / XLR caps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Don't know how many people use these but, based on my experience, they are well worth a try.

The theory is that the caps block RMI and EMI from influencing the sound of the preamp.

I installed on all the unused inputs / outputs on the preamp and heard a reduction in background noise throughout.

Available through Audio Advisors with a 30 day money back. I think a 12 pack of RCA caps goes for around $60.

GG

I've tried them in the past and they work as advertised. Been meaning to buy a set for my new preamp, but it always slips my mind

I have used these for many years now and agree with Mr. Gray that they work quite well. Well worth the modest investment.

Based on your recommendations, I looked into XLR caps for my SimAudio Amp. After reading your comments I had done some further research on the idea and based on some of the reviews on the web and in some magazine reviews I figured it was worth a try.

It sure seemed that it could not hurt to cap the XLR inputs on the amp., but I was wrong.

I first tried the Telos Audio XLR caps and found they introduced a buzz in to my Logans. They are copper with gold plating and run 35 bucks a pair, I had to get three pair.

It seems that when I used the Telos XLR caps, they have a shorting pin that caused a fairly loud buzz in the speakers. I am guessing that the shorting pin caused this and wondered why no one mentioned that possibility in the Telos reviews, but live and learn I guess.

Anyway, I am going to try and order the Cardas caps and see what they do. Hopefully they will not hurt like the Telos. I will post the result good or bad.

By the way,

I tried both the Telos Audio and Cardas XLR caps on my Simaudio Moon Titan and they introduced a pretty loud buzz that could be heard through the MLs.

After some research, I found that this is not uncommon among balanced amp inputs.

Just an FYI if someone else is thinking of trying these on an amp input.

Latest posts

Back