ML Production moving

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But there IS demand because it is a consumable!

Not many. But as Rich said, we all damn straight expect to SELL our speakers when we've finished, not throw them in the rubbish!

More pertinent question is, what percentage of ML's speakers are still in service after 25 years. I'd say close to 100%, save those that have actually been damaged by fire/flood or otherwise specifically written off.

And how would you say that you know this? Have you tracked every pair of ML speakers that have been sold? If you haven't then you can't make this claim.

After all, ML has not said they will stop making replacement panels, they have said that they may not be able to support every single panel they've ever made going forward.

There are a number of speakers that are 10 years old that you can't get drivers for, as well as other companies that have gone out of business. There have also been a number of speaker companies that have charged big bucks for their speakers and then gone under. There are cars that are 10 years old that you can't get parts for anymore!

I think it would be prudent to see what ML speakers will be supported going forward and then decide if you want to stay committed to your speaker or not.

If it doesn't make sense, make a switch while it's still feasible. As for the comment about Sanders still making panels, that's a moot point as they haven't been in business with the current product for that long. We'll see if they are still making parts for the speakers you buy today 25 years from now...

And just as in the automotive aftermarket, if there is that big of a demand for ML panels, someone may be able to step up to the plate making replacements, just as Graz has done with the Apogees. I would try to determine what the most popular ML's are and go from there.

Great. I join this thread only to find out that ML, one of the last bastions of quality manufacturing left in America has sold out.

It's just part of an endless trend towards planet-wide mediocrity. A billion cubic miles of big-box stores, without a thing worth buying in any of them.

You know what else moved to Canada? Japanese beer.

It now tastes like Molson, instead of like Japanese beer.

Back