Problem with my new Prefaces? Or is it?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard it from both FM and from the CD and SACD but never from my vinyl. I tested the problem for a week listening to just records and never heard it. Then I bought some really nice Telarc CD's and heard it again from my older Phillips CD player. Then I bought a Marantz SACD and am hearing it on SACD's on occasion. I have switched the speakers side to side as it was louder in the right channel. I checked again last night and it was there still in the right channel perhaps more subdued but I could hear it.

Its very discomforting wondering what the heck is going on there should be absolutely nothing wrong with the speakers.

I never heard the noise through my old Advents in the same system -FM, CD or vinyl. So now the Prefaces are showing it to me. But, I never had these CD's then either....I bought them after I got the Prefaces.

Being able to search back and repeat it over and over sounds like a recording problem I know, but what if it is a passage that is showing a problem in the speaker? and is similar in its sonic characteristics as other CD's that produce the noise?

Ron...change the right speaker for the left...if you have a speaker issue, then you will hear the problem now at the left channel...to us, are not the speakers, but the source. You are now listening things that you never had it before...why with analogue turntable works right?...happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back