Speaker shipping boxes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC-Audiophile

Reaction score
So I have this dilemma: I don't know what to do with my Spire shipping boxes!

I don't have much storage space so my preference would be to ditch them. However, I do realize that if I pull everything apart, I could try and store the boxes flat, though taking up a large surface area. Then there are the 3 foam inserts for each. How long will those last before they start to decompose?

So the only 2 uses I can think of for the boxes are a) Send the speaker for repair, or b) Use to ship the speaker when moving or selling them.

Again, I really have very limited space for storage in my condo.

I would like some pros/cons to help me decide what to do and get rid of the clutter they are currently causing.

Ideas, please!

I carefully broke down my Summit boxes, and folded them flat, stored against a wall in my garage. I put the foam and other packing materials in the attic of my home, but suspect they are slowly decomposing in the heat. I think ML will sell you replacement boxes/packing materials, if they still carry that model.

I keep all my audio boxes in my snowmobile trl during 'non-sled' season.....right now they are all stacked out in the shed !

I once attached Dunlavy 4 speaker boxes to the ceiling of my garage. I hoisted them up an tied them off...never knew they were there.
You can do like wise in a closet,etc.

Replacement Summit boxes are $300!!!, I'm sure Spire's are similar.

If you toss the boxes and you keep the speakers for a while and then need the boxes you may not be able to get replacement boxes. ML no longer sells boxes for many of its older speakers. I think this is a concern since so many of us have very old models.

I have always kept my boxes over the years.

Back